PDA

View Full Version : Timecode Superimposing and...

Lord Beowulf
12-19-2003, 09:19 AM
We definetly need a timecode superimpose for VT-edit.

Till then we use the workaround with the prerendered timecode mentioned here in the forum, but that's not professional at all.

Second thing would be a changable timecode starting time in the timeline. We use to start the tapes at 09:59:00:00 with colorbars and black and at 10:00:00:00 the content starts.

Now we start at 10:00:00:00 in the timeline, but it's way to long away from the real start ;)

When you print out to tape you need a preformatted tape. It would be real nice if you implement a function (button...) to use blank tapes with no timecode on it...

regards,
Beo

Paul Lara
12-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Lord Beowulf
When you print out to tape you need a preformatted tape. It would be real nice if you implement a function (button...) to use blank tapes with no timecode on it...

Eeek.
I've never been comfortable printing to tape using Assemble mode, especially since someone may come behind me to drop in a new shot on a master reel. If they forget the deck's on Assemble mode, they're hosed!

Thanks for the suggestions, Beo. I'll pass them along.

djlithium
01-15-2004, 03:46 AM
What is needed is a TC generation Cruton like the blur effect where it will run from the point that it starts on the time line to the point where it ends with control over the TC start and the mode that it is in ie non-drop frame.

This same feature should also be implimented with TC sinewave on an output that is mappable like sending it to another sound device (additional sound card, SDI audio out etc etc) as you would want this to be something that would send that generated code visually and in sync out.

Also needs to be a module that you can use to drop over on the switcher like the DSK.

Pweety pwease.

SBowie
01-15-2004, 04:34 AM
Excellent plan...