PDA

View Full Version : OT: Getting Sony WS cameras to work with CCU? Help!

w7qj
07-01-2017, 09:19 AM
First of all my apologies for a first post that's a bit off-topic for a NewTek forum but I'm casting a net far and wide to see if anyone has already figured this out.

We operate a low-budget rental video studio complex - one of our rooms we are upgrading (?) from 4:3 cameras (Sony dxc-d30) to 16:9 cameras (dxc-d35ws).

The existing d30's work fine (basically plug and play) with the Sony M5A CCU's over 26 pin cables and have full control over all camera functions from the CCU.

Substituting the 35ws cameras we can power the camera heads and get video out of the CCU but none of the control functions work.

A web search hints at some sort of configuration setting on the cameras somewhere in the menu tree to get them to talk to the CCU but I've looked at every menu I can find and perused both the camera and CCU manuals and found nothing remotely like that.

The documentation for both the cameras and the ccu says they should be compatible but I can't get the controls to work.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

Zane Condren
07-01-2017, 02:11 PM
You might want to try this section of Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/VIDEOENGINEERING/.