PDA

View Full Version : June Lightwave Newsletter

samurai_x
07-01-2017, 12:53 AM
https://www.lightwave3d.com/newsletters/article/june-2017-lightwave-newsletter/

ianr
07-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Good STurff

Sam'O'rai (check Unreal sequencer P.m. Me)

bazsa73
07-01-2017, 10:55 AM
What a pity they don't share any information on the next release. Something like "we are working on it guys, getting there etc..."

erikals
07-01-2017, 02:25 PM
it would be nice to see a line or two...

Marander
07-01-2017, 03:47 PM
What a pity they don't share any information on the next release. Something like "we are working on it guys, getting there etc..."

I'm afraid that the time has past where empty phrases like that would be helpful. They said similar things already 2015.

The only information I want know is that it's released and the demo is available for testing or at least a precise feature list of LWNext. But given the vast improvements of most other 3D software in the mean time, I doubt LW is still relevant (at least for me). Siggraph 2017 is happening in one month and I will know the features of R19 (already paid for as part of the MSA), which will be shipped (in a nice box with a USB key) in September as every year before.

Surrealist.
07-02-2017, 01:40 AM
Yeah I think a line or two would be appropriate. No good reason not to. :)

samurai_x
07-02-2017, 05:41 AM
Good STurff

Sam'O'rai (check Unreal sequencer P.m. Me)

Your inbox is always full. :p
I'm using unreal sequencer. Actually all this real time engines are making me rethink spinning logo projects. :D

Back to the newsletter. I'm surprised there's a lightwave studio at Kamikatawa, where I used to live. Its a residential area. Lol.
Lightwave market is really critical in japan. Thousands of studios in tokyo alone where AD is THE standard and lightwave still seems to survive where its mostly dead everywhere else in the world. I really find it funny.

jwiede
07-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Back to the newsletter. I'm surprised there's a lightwave studio at Kamikatawa, where I used to live. Its a residential area. Lol.
Lightwave market is really critical in japan. Thousands of studios in tokyo alone where AD is THE standard and lightwave still seems to survive where its mostly dead everywhere else in the world. I really find it funny.

It'd also be really interesting to see real market data about what percentage of Japan LW users are on the current version of LW. IF most are using prior versions, that suggests a much different market situation (and potential) than if most are on LW2015.

ianr
07-03-2017, 09:15 AM
https://www.lightwave3d.com/newsletters/article/june-2017-lightwave-newsletter/

Some of that Kukan LW work is breathtaking,

The revolving, evolving lantern monitors are hypnotic!

Truly blown away by this, as I am just about to visit

the British Museum Exbo on one of my fav artists.

Hokusai: Beyond the Great Wave @ B.M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6G7J8UW9kk

Thank you Newsletter Ed 4 this, I'm stoked.

samurai_x
07-04-2017, 07:45 AM
It'd also be really interesting to see real market data about what percentage of Japan LW users are on the current version of LW. IF most are using prior versions, that suggests a much different market situation (and potential) than if most are on LW2015.

Dstorm isn't going to reveal that.
But I doubt they're on old licenses. Maybe the oldest is lw 11 for modelling work since 2015 didn't really offer anything there. But then again lightwave is really cheap so upgrading is not a big deal for a company earning from commercial work.