PDA

View Full Version : Scan Converter running on Microsoft Surface 3,4 or Pro

lance.a.simon
06-26-2017, 06:07 AM
Hi there,

Has anyone used a Microsoft Surface tablet to run NDI Scan Converter? Theoretically it should work fine, but I'm not sure if the graphics card is sufficient.

Thanks!

Lance

kanep
06-26-2017, 09:36 AM
I was at Microsoft and tried it on a Surface Pro (not sure if it was a 3 or 4), but it worked fine with just a few notes listed below.

1. The Surface isn't a 16x9 aspect ratio screen, so the output of Scan Converter will not fill a HD frame, you can use a M/E to scale and position if needed.

2. The Surface has a high DPI screen, typically the screen scaling feature will be turned on by default, this will cause the output of NDI Scan Converter to be scaled and of poor quality. Make sure you set the screen scaling on the unit to 100% which will resolve this issue.

Both of the above don't pertain only to the Surface, but any system with non 16x9 aspect ratio screens or with screen scaling set to anything other than 100%.

lance.a.simon
06-29-2017, 05:07 AM
OK, thank you!
For now I've decided to stay with my trusted ol' Windows 10 machine, so I replaced the standard monitor with a tiny one -- the only good tiny one (13.3") I could find -- to sit on top of the virtual set table.
SuperSonic 9-Inch Portable Digital LCD TV AC/DC (SC-499)
http://a.co/0Roje2v