PDA

View Full Version : Bland white surface with Nodes.

djwaterman
06-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Just need a bog standard nothing surface, no spec, reflection, no nothing just white. Basically a surface to throw on everything while doing radiostity set ups using DB&W Shadermeister. Using nodes. I thought it would be simple but I can't work it out.

Kryslin
06-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Lightwave's standard material doesn't cut it? Take the material output, run it into Sensei's Split Material, and run the diffuse output into the diffuse input of Make material, to ensure that you only get the diffuse shading, and nothing else? There are a few variations on this - Lambert diffuse shader into make material's diffuse input, constant black to the other shading color inputs, and a constant 0 at tranparency. Or the Oren-Nayar diffuse shader in place of the lambert.

RebelHill
06-25-2017, 10:50 AM
This has got to be a joke question, right?

pinkmouse
06-25-2017, 12:07 PM
This has got to be a joke question, right?

Exactly. A light gray is much easier on the eye. ;)

MonroePoteet
06-25-2017, 01:53 PM
If you're required to use nodes, you might try using a Color Layer node with a "Value" Procedural texture into the Color, Luminosity and Diffuse channels of the Surface. It might require several Color Layer nodes with different color Values (e.g. pure white, pure black, some grey) into the different channels to get the "bog standard nothing" surface you actually want. Sample scene attached.

mTp

Sensei
06-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Const > Color (white) plug to Make Material, output plug to Material.

djwaterman
06-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Thanks for replies, no it wasn't a joke, I ended up using a Lambert diffuse shader into the color override which seemed to do the trick.