PDA

View Full Version : saving your own configure menu, so it shows up in the configure menu presets?

prometheus
06-21-2017, 09:05 PM
Well..I would like to have my own presets of my own saved cfg for the configure menus in modeler, sure I can save it out and save...but where should I put it ideally for it to show up together with the other menus ..such as production style menu, default menu, 11.0 menu etc?

MonroePoteet
06-23-2017, 02:49 PM
A Windows search for "Studio Production Style" (one of the presets in the pull-down) in the entire LW 2015.3 folder hierarchy (including file contents in the search) found no matches. So, I'd guess the presets in the pull-down are built into the code and not stored as separate CFG files.

Just a guess, though.

mTp

Matt
06-23-2017, 04:52 PM
A Windows search for "Studio Production Style" (one of the presets in the pull-down) in the entire LW 2015.3 folder hierarchy (including file contents in the search) found no matches. So, I'd guess the presets in the pull-down are built into the code and not stored as separate CFG files.

Just a guess, though.

You are correct.

I would like to kill this approach and have stored files in the CFG folder, that when added to by users, then show up in the Edit Menus popup menu. I had suggested this some time ago, just never happened.

Topster-71
06-24-2017, 02:10 AM
This sounds cool. If I understand this, I could create a custom menu CFG for type of project I'm working on. Would be create if Next allowed me to create a different workspace layout tab for different projects using my favourite tools.

prometheus
06-24-2017, 04:48 AM
Thanks monroepoteet. thatīs sort of what I thought.since I also did a search wihout returning results back.

Go for it matt, it would help managing your own workflow better, so if you are following a training vid, you choose default perhaps, and if you are doing a special task you select your own preset, itīs a matter of doing things fast and easy...though it isnīt entirely hopeless to do it by simply saving and reloading your own configs, it really doesnīt make sense that you would even have a preset system if you can not change it, simple things like that can mean a lot.

prometheus
06-24-2017, 05:16 AM
This sounds cool. If I understand this, I could create a custom menu CFG for type of project I'm working on. Would be create if Next allowed me to create a different workspace layout tab for different projects using my favourite tools.

you already can..sort of, by saving out cfgs and store it properly, the difference is that we can not use the preset drop down menu for your own configs, only the hardcoded studio and default settings, but you can save any of your shortcut cfg or menu cfg as well and then reload them in.