PDA

View Full Version : Audio Waveform problem

Nick Keeble
12-19-2003, 02:57 AM
Can anyone tell me why it is that when I load an audio file into the frame slider in Layout it just shows up as a virtually flat blue line instead of the nice little jaggedy one shown in the manual? I'm using LW 7.5c on a G4. It's really irritating!

Also, while I'm at it, and changing the subject - is it safe to upgrade to Mac OS 10.2.8 yet? The last time I upgraded it made Modeller crash all the time. Now I'm scared to do it again!!!

noiseboy
12-19-2003, 04:03 AM
Just checked this myself and the soundtrack is showing up just as I would expect. This is in LW7.5c on OS 10.3 so I see no reason why it shouldnt work in 10.2.x etc. sounded pretty rough though.
I'm presuming you are loading a wav file. Since its only a guide track you might want to make sure that you reduce the sample rate down as far as you can bear and also use a mono track, Are you actually hearing the audio?
AFAIK 10.2.8 is OK with this OS, but then I had few problems with the other versions either.

Nick Keeble
12-19-2003, 05:11 AM
I've tried different formats like aiff and wav and also reducing the sample rate and in mono - still the same thing - a flat line with virtually no peak and troughs (see attached screen shot). The audio does actually play though. Wierd. Maybe I should be using 10.3?

noiseboy
12-19-2003, 05:46 AM
I think that only .wav files work.
10.3 is not recommended for LW at present, my machine is used by everyone at home so 10.3 is essential for a peaceful life, If you dont use the graph editor then you will probably get away with it. The one thing that does occur to me is that you are only looking at the first couple of seconds of audio in the timeline, does it have a quiet intro? If the file is not too big why not send it to my PM and I'll check to see if it works here.