PDA

View Full Version : Shadow maps. What's with em?

hrgiger
03-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Ok, so I have some hair for my model that I am using Sasquatch for (not saslite) and of course that means I must use shadow mapped spotlights. I'm getting some weird banding across my model and I've tried many different settings but I can't get good shadows with it. Below is a render I did a bit ago. The arrows point to what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, as a sidenote, how do you insert an image at a specific part of your post? Is it still the backslash/image format from the old forums?

harhar
03-07-2003, 11:29 AM
shadow map resolution too low.

Matt
03-07-2003, 12:48 PM
regarding posting images, the only way to include inline images like the /image command in the old forum is to use the IMG command, the downside is you have to have the images on your own webspace, you can't upload to Newteks' site anymore.

apart from the attach image part, but that's limited to one image with a size restriction. (500x500 I think)

naff ain't it!

:)

rabid pitbull
03-07-2003, 01:07 PM
yes har har is right turn the shadow map size up to atleast 1000, maybe also add fuzziness 2-3. also may find use in adding shading noise reduction under global illumination pallette.