PDA

View Full Version : NDI Multiple streams causing video to lag

kracklow
06-14-2017, 10:03 AM
Team,

We have a Tricaster 860 we are using to receive ProPresentor NDI output and send that over SDI to our center screen. Recently we added a TV to the stage attached to an Intel NUC running NDI monitor to be used a display that our Pastors could use to refer to during their teaching time. We also use this for people that are streaming the service to see the content that is also displayed on the the large screen.

However when we have the stage display connected any video content lags when the stage display is connected. Normal slide content works okay but any video content causes both the stage display and the center screen to lag. If we disconnect the stage display during any videos the center screen works fine.

I originally thought it maybe was the computer running propresentor which was a older Mac Pro so we switch that out for a Mac Mini with an i5 processor and it still has the issue. All links are hard wired GIG so looking for suggestions on what else to look at?

kanep
06-14-2017, 11:16 AM
I know you said they are gig, but have you verified that they are really running at gig speed and not dropping down to 100mb speed for some reason.

kracklow
06-14-2017, 12:32 PM
I know you said they are gig, but have you verified that they are really running at gig speed and not dropping down to 100mb speed for some reason.

I know the Tricaster is on gig and on the same switch as the Propresenter Mac. I do need to verify that the Intel NUC on stage is linked at gig speeds but it connected to a managed Gig switch. The confusing part is the lag only happens when the stage display is connected, and when it is connected we see lag on the center screen directly attached to the Tricaster over SDI and on the Stage display running NDI Monitor which is connected to a separate Gig switch on stage.

kracklow
06-14-2017, 01:43 PM
I know the Tricaster is on gig and on the same switch as the Propresenter Mac. I do need to verify that the Intel NUC on stage is linked at gig speeds but it connected to a managed Gig switch. The confusing part is the lag only happens when the stage display is connected, and when it is connected we see lag on the center screen directly attached to the Tricaster over SDI and on the Stage display running NDI Monitor which is connected to a separate Gig switch on stage.

Well looks like I found a ISL(Inter-Switch Link) between the switches that is running at 100mb instead of Gig speed. This probably explains it but Kane should this connection issue interfere with with the NDI connection between ProPresenter and the Tricaster? Which is on the same Gig switch? Just trying to understand why this stage display connected to a improperly configured switch would impact something that is not connected to the that switch.