PDA

View Full Version : Keyframes won't delete?

egearbox
06-10-2017, 08:14 PM
I've got a scene I imported from Daz3d, which is a 30 frame animation. Every bone in the figure is keyframed at every frame. I'm trying to erase the intermediate keyframes and just keep the first and final keyframe, but the keyframes at frames 17, 19 and 20 through 29 simply won't erase. I've tried erasing them in Scene Editor and in the Timeline, and they won't erase! I've never run into this behavior before - anyone have an idea what's causing this?

ernpchan
06-10-2017, 08:46 PM
What happens if you do this in the Graph Editor?

egearbox
06-10-2017, 09:08 PM
I can delete them one-by-one in the Graph Editor, but with over 100 bones in this rig, I would hate to have to do that.

It also appears to be an intermittent problem - I abandoned that scene and re-imported the FBX file into a new LW scene, and the newly imported scene didn't exhibit the problem. So, it's like the Loch Ness Monster - disappears when you look for it.

If anybody has an answer, I'd love to know it, but in the meantime at least I can keep working!

prometheus
06-11-2017, 03:57 AM
I can delete them one-by-one in the Graph Editor, but with over 100 bones in this rig, I would hate to have to do that.

It also appears to be an intermittent problem - I abandoned that scene and re-imported the FBX file into a new LW scene, and the newly imported scene didn't exhibit the problem. So, it's like the Loch Ness Monster - disappears when you look for it.

If anybody has an answer, I'd love to know it, but in the meantime at least I can keep working!

I have had that happened, and I also solved it somehow, then again..I canīt recall how right now, so that was just a teaser...not a help.

Can you select it in the dope track and delete it within the dope track?

egearbox
06-11-2017, 08:57 AM
I have had that happened, and I also solved it somehow, then again..I canīt recall how right now, so that was just a teaser...not a help.

Can you select it in the dope track and delete it within the dope track?

I was able to select it and delete it from the dope track, but I've goofed around with this particular scene so much that I now don't trust it - I'm not sure the keyframes in there now are the same ones I started with, after moving them, changing them, and generally tweaking stuff at random trying to fix this.

This has happened twice on two different FBX imports, though, so it will eventually repeat itself. When it does, I'll try to investigate more thoroughly and post the results. In the meantime, maybe someone from Newtek will jump in with some more info. :D