PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX - Peach Fuxx, howto?

Stardust
06-04-2017, 12:21 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to put some "peach fuzz" on a model using FiberFX in LW 2015.3... I have watched some tutorials, which seem quiete old and I'm noticing that in the Tutorials its all a matter of seconds, on my machine it takes a looong time, to the point its unusable....

Any suggestions on how to simualte "Peach Fuzz"?

Stardust
06-04-2017, 01:50 AM
OK,

I just tryied it on one of those "sample balls" seems to work, a bit slugish, but its workable, could it have something to do with the model?

Greenlaw
06-04-2017, 05:43 PM
If you don't need to get super close, I would go with a velvet surface for 'peach fuzz'. You can do this by setting a gradient to Incidence Angle, and using that as a mask for a 'fuzzy white' texture (it should get fuzzier and whiter at the edges, and show more of the underlying color facing camera.) Add some dented or turbulence to make the fuzz look a little 'scratched', and a tiny bit of bump might help make it look more natural too.

I've used this trick for fruit and flocked surfaces, but don't have an image handy. I did use the trick for Sister's 'jammies' in the Brudders music video (https://vimeo.com/68543424) preview.

IMO, this is easier and faster to render than actual fibers, and will probably look better. If I had to get really close up and realistic but still wanted to work efficiently, I'd combine the two techniques.

Stardust
06-08-2017, 02:36 AM
Thank you, I'll let you know :)