PDA

View Full Version : GearVR help

shrox
05-31-2017, 11:49 AM
I am looking for an app that can flip the image of the passthrough camera on the GearVR. It would be useful for mirror therapy, a technique to retrain the brain in cases of stroke or CRPS (Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome). Does anyone know of such, or someone that could create it?

Danner
05-31-2017, 03:22 PM
It wouldn't really work for this unless you set it up fixed so it doesn't move, in that case, a mirror in a black box would work better.

shrox
05-31-2017, 05:56 PM
It wouldn't really work for this unless you set it up fixed so it doesn't move, in that case, a mirror in a black box would work better.

I've seen it in use as VR, worked well for them. The real mirror is rather unwieldy for my wife.

Danner
05-31-2017, 06:34 PM
I'll explain how it works just so you understand why it doesn't work outside of VR. The pass-through camera is just a camera that you are wearing on your face. Imagine you have the ghost hand síndrome (I know it's different but it's also treated with the mirror therapy) and your ghost hand is your left hand and your right hand is real. When you look straight ahead using the mirrored pass through camera your left and right will be switched, so you will see your real hand on the left and it works similar to a mirror, except your real hand is gone. But when you turn to look to the left, the camera will rotate towards the ghost hand, not the real hand, and because it is being mirrored the camera will pan in the opposite direction you turn your head so you will lose sight of the right hand and only see the empty space on the left.

shrox
05-31-2017, 06:40 PM
Nevermind then. You don't know why she wants to try it.