PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to up my MOCAP game

Spinland
05-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Until now I've done well enough with Brekel, but recent developments got me on the radar of a couple of production companies who, if negotiations go well, will require me to ramp up my stuff quite a bit.

In that vein my Perception Neuron kit arrived today (was held up a day while I ponied up extra import duties. Ugh. I hate governments.) and later this week I'll start getting up to speed with it. Got some CGI superhero characters coming up who need to do superhero stuff! :jam:

Ma3rk
05-30-2017, 02:56 PM
We'll be looking forward to a visual diary where/when you can barring NDA restrictions.

Which model of the Perception Neuron did you go with?

Ryan Roye
05-30-2017, 03:06 PM
You won't be disappointed. My perception neuron kit paid for itself well over a year ago when I first got it.

Spinland
05-30-2017, 03:08 PM
I went with the "32 Neuron Alum Edition" plus the magnetic safety case (based on some reading that indicated it was a good long term idea to stash them in). I'm gonna need finger articulation for sure, so the smaller kit was off the table.

Yeah, I'll be doing some video blogging of where I go with this, in concert with the guy who runs my co-working studio space downtown. He's hella interested in it and I make him look good when one of his tenants starts playing with tech toys like these. When those hit the web I'll link them up here.

- - - Updated - - -

You won't be disappointed. My perception neuron kit paid for itself well over a year ago when I first got it.

Yeah, and coming from you that carries a lot of weight. I have all your associated tools and am looking forward to putting them through their paces. :)

Spinland
06-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Quick update in the where-the-rubber-meets-the-ramp category: just had my first meeting with the would-be clients whose interest led to my investing in the new gear. They are impressed as all hell and on the strength of my presentation upped the initial CGI commercial buy-in to a 10 episode gig. Cha-Ching. :jam:

I promise to share whatever nuggets from this that I'm allowed.