PDA

View Full Version : Custom DVE's in TMPGEnc

matt gaughan
12-18-2003, 04:10 PM
I am encoding 1 hour long projects in TMPGEnc by loading the VT3 project file. The project has a simple custom transition in it in quite a few places. The problem I am having is that this custom transition is not being used in TMPGEnc. It turns into a cut.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or anyone that uses TMPGEnc has made a transition and could check to see if it works for you?

Thanks,
Matt

Jim_C
12-18-2003, 04:28 PM
Try saving the project using the avi wrapper, then import that into TMPGEnc.
Also make sure you have the most up to date patch from Newtek.

Jim

mgrusin
12-18-2003, 10:56 PM
Does the new AVI wrapper work OK with TMPGEnc? I thought that TMPGEnc itself was the cause of the no-audio problem, and assumed that the patch wouldn't help. If I'm wrong - great!
:D

Very odd problem, Matt. I don't have any homebuilt DVEs so I can't test it. Keep us posted.

-MG.

matt gaughan
12-19-2003, 10:23 AM
Yes I did try it with the AVI wrapper and it is the newest patch. (Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.)

I made another project with just 3 clips and my custom DVE and a standard one. This project did the same thing. Mine didn't work and the stock DVE works fine.

Thanks for the response! :)

Jim_C
12-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Well, except for upgrading TMPGEnc I'm outa ideas.
I've heard of some having this problem, can't remember if it was with avi wrapper or VT Edit importer, but I thought choosing the other fixed it.

That's what I get for thinking.

Jim

mgrusin
12-19-2003, 10:34 AM
2 ideas, both probably requiring extraterrestrial assistance:

I assume that the AVI wrapper must cache DVEs before playing them in order to maintain realtime; perhaps the cache location (same as VT?) is full, or not speedy enough for realtime?

Perhaps the AVI wrapper cannot find the location of your homebuilt DVE file? (I believe VT-Edit projects use absolute rather than relative paths so it shouldn't be a problem, but maybe the AVI wrapper only looks in the DVE directory?

-MG.

Jim_C
12-19-2003, 10:51 AM
I guess if worse comes to worse you could render out the transition segments to a solid clip and replace in timeline.

But that kinda stinks to have to do,

Jim

Lord Beowulf
12-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by matt gaughan
I am encoding 1 hour long projects in TMPGEnc by loading the VT3 project file. The project has a simple custom transition in it in quite a few places. The problem I am having is that this custom transition is not being used in TMPGEnc. It turns into a cut.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or anyone that uses TMPGEnc has made a transition and could check to see if it works for you?

Thanks,
Matt

You didn't forget to put in the new TMPGEnc Plugin from VT[3] Patch 2 ?

I have had the same problem with the Patch 1 Version, after i updated to Patch 2 everything worked.

Beo

matt gaughan
12-22-2003, 11:25 AM
I did run the 3rd party installer deal, but I wonder if it updated the plugin?

I will manually install it and try again.

Thanks for the info.
Matt