PDA

View Full Version : can't get rid of tfd emitter

sadkkf
05-28-2017, 08:30 AM
Yesterday I started tinkering with TFD, followed some of Kat's Intro video tutorials and spent the good part of the day burning things.

Today, I open Layout, add a container and see my most recent emitter object is still in it. I've closed Layout completely, rebooted my computer and still the emitter is there when I create a container.

Any ideas what's happening? Has anyone else seen this? Do I need reinstall the plugin to fix this?

Thanks.

MonroePoteet
05-28-2017, 08:50 AM
You may have saved the scene with the TFD emitter in it as the Default scene. Try removing the emitter, then use File=>Save as Default to save the default scene which is loaded by Layout each time it starts.

mTp

sadkkf
05-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Thank you MonroePoteet, but I can't remove the emitter. It's not listed as an emitter or as an object. It just appears.

Edit: I just removed the plugin, reinstalled it from a different location and the emitter is still appearing.

prometheus
05-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Thank you MonroePoteet, but I can't remove the emitter. It's not listed as an emitter or as an object. It just appears.

Edit: I just removed the plugin, reinstalled it from a different location and the emitter is still appearing.

Might be the cache files that are loading?
Canīt you check where the original cache folder is and delete any eventual cachefile that is in there?

sadkkf
05-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Might be the cache files that are loading?
Canīt you check where the original cache folder is and delete any eventual cachefile that is in there?

That did it. Thank you!

I really think TFD could use some UX tweaks to address issues like these.

Thanks again!