PDA

View Full Version : The Creature and special effects of Alien: Covenant

prometheus
05-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Adam Savage explores the massive built sets of Alien: Covenant and chats with visual effects supervisor Neil Corbould about the resurgence of practical effects to complement cg effects in blockbuster filmmaking. Adam also gets up close with some familiar Alien universe props in the creature fabrication workshop!

Yes..I love those huge cecil B DeMille shots, thatīs what Ridley aimed for in the very first views of the first Alien space jockey scene, to bad it was burnt down.
Large sets like this must help actors to feel right as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kr8mAM5Dg

adrian
05-23-2017, 01:56 AM
Awesome video, I so want to see this movie. For an actor it must be so good to work on massive real sets rather than just being surrounded by green or blue and imagining what you're looking at.

ianr
05-25-2017, 05:26 AM
Directors eyes hold up, Scott's here & Jackson's in LoR's
Both have a highly refined D.O.F. in their heads,
it makes them who they are, great Auteurs

Those dead engineers hold up really close because being 'practicals'
in this case sculpted by the plaster shop artisan sculptors.

Also I have found the world of the Fifth (fifth scale) holds up very
well when lit by God's lighting in his outside world of nature.

There a phrase going about called 'pixelated mush' so watch out
for the Gauassian filter button in Post over the top of Motion Blur.

jperk
06-22-2017, 07:59 PM
They used LW

erikals
06-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Thanks for Sharing! :)

saw the movie 2 days ago. kinda liked it, and kind of not. RedLetter pretty much summed up my thoughts...
(spoilers...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klsy8PiscEw

shrox
06-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Look! An alien planet with an oxygen atmosphere! No need for helmets! Oh wait...

prometheus
06-24-2017, 04:53 AM
Look! An alien planet with an oxygen atmosphere! No need for helmets! Oh wait...

Michael Jackson was right :) you never know what kind of virus is floating around, Even on our own earth, maybe I should start wearing a space helm at work, I hate getting cold or the flue..but I guess itīs not as bad as getting your ribcage or spine cracked by an alien lifeform :)
Guess one of he worst life forms we got (except for humans) that may be the mosquito with malaria and similar.