PDA

View Full Version : Connect Blackmagic Hardware Output

x422man
05-22-2017, 10:21 AM
I am trying to get a livetext NDI connection to output via a blackmagic Ultrastudio Extreme. Connect is picking up the NDI stream from Livetext laptop and displaying it on the connect GUI for input 1 no problem, if i select the output 1, Connect finds the Extreme in hardware ok, but there is only a choice for formats, not outputs (extreme has 4). no matter what format i choose, nothing displays on the hardware output. There is no mention of an alpha channel anywhere, which is suggested in the connect user manual. I have tried using the Extreme with another app on the same machine and it works absolutely fine. Any suggestions what i should try to get this to work. i want to get the livetext key/fill outputed via hardware. thanx.

kanep
05-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Connect Pro will allow you to take fill+key SDI inputs and make them NDI with embedded alpha, but I don't think it does it the other way around.

As far as I'm aware, isn't the UltraStudio is a single channel card? It might have multiple outputs, but I believe they all display the same thing. I'll admit, I could be wrong as I've never used one of them before. If someone needs a multi-channel card, I've always recommended using the BMD DeckLink Duo or Quad cards.

idmorton
05-30-2017, 04:49 AM
The ultrastudio HD Mini has two outputs which some software, eg TitlerPro character generator, can use to output a fill and separate key. I also would like to take an NDI source with alpha and send to this box. It would be a great lightweight solution for outside broadcasts, as I can use a laptop. The decklink cards would need a separate PC box. The Ultrastudio extreme has more output options.

idmorton
05-30-2017, 04:51 AM
I'm testing with the HP latops at the moment.

livepad
05-31-2017, 02:01 AM
You can use a Mac laptop (or a MacMini) with Sienna's NDI Outlet and BlackMagic UltraStudio HD Mini (or Extreme) - this will give you Fill and Key SDI from an Alpha NDI Source.
http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/ndi-outlet.html
There is a demo version on the website.