PDA

View Full Version : free render poeple

vonpietro
05-21-2017, 02:11 AM
https://renderpeople.com/free-3d-model/?key1=USA&key2=new_customer&key3=nf&key4=related_interests&key5=free_models_dennis_mei_add_01_v_01

Freebies are free for commercial use by the way!! Very generous!!

I chatted with them on their page and asked if they could create lightwave specific models.
they do have fbx option - and the fbx he says has rigs.

He wants to knoe
Asking who would be interested and if interested what would be the prefered renderengine

djwaterman
05-21-2017, 05:47 AM
It would probably be best for them to wait until Lightwave Next is released. For now the OBJ and FBX is fine as we can remap the textures and work with nodes or what ever to get nice results. But the PBR rendering will probably simplify the process for them in the future.

prometheus
05-21-2017, 08:10 AM
just tested, the dennis fbx rig is giving unrecognizable fbx, the eric rig works though, it comes without the maps loaded though, so you would have to set it to uv and load the map seperately, the rig seems to come through decently, though I suspect one needs to rearrenge or remove some items in the rig to get it to work properly.

prometheus
05-21-2017, 08:16 AM
just tested, the dennis fbx rig is giving unrecognizable fbx, the eric rig works though, it comes without the maps loaded though, so you would have to set it to uv and load the map seperately, the rig seems to come through decently, though I suspect one needs to rearrenge or remove some items in the rig to get it to work properly.

The bones also seem to be doubled at some places, so if you select the "wrong" bone it w onīt deform properly.