PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modeling Challenge #284 The Mashup: Tire & Toothbrush (by unstable)

NeonZ
05-16-2017, 07:31 PM
Rules:
1. Every two weeks or so there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit (usually 60 to 120 minutes plus 60 minutes if you're new to LightWave). You should spend no longer than the allotted time modeling. Then texture your object(s), light the scene, and post a render of your model to this thread. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modeling time is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
2. Post a wire-frame and a render at 800x600 or larger. (For wireframe help go to: http://www.artssphere.com/plugins/polygoncoloring.php
3. LightWave must be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug-ins are allowed.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.
6. If there are a sufficient number of contributors, a "winner" will get the chance to pick the subject of the next challenge. Input from the community is often used in this process. If there are only a handful of contributors, they can discuss this together and pick the next topic, designating one of them to post the new subject in the Forum.
7. Have fun! This is a community event designed to encourage you to keep modeling. Whether you're a new LightWave artist or a seasoned professional, working with these tools is the only way to get better.

This Challenge Topic: The Mashup - Tire & Toothbrush (submitted by unstable (http://forums.newtek.com/member.php?103391-unstable))

Description: Take two objects and mash them together! Mash a tire and a toothbrush together, and what do we get? I think this might be a new concept for the SMC, so let's get creative.

Modeling Time: 120 minutes

Challenge Ends: ~11:59 PM Pacific - May 30, 2017

Winning entry announced: ~12:00 PM Pacific - May 31th (so check back)

Challenge #285 will start on or around June 1.

NeonZ
05-30-2017, 03:01 PM
Modeling Time: 100 minutes (Lotsa tweaking)

Use this tire to make a clean getaway!

unstable
05-31-2017, 06:49 AM
I don't know what I envisioned when I suggested a mashup challenge and provided an example of tire+toothbrush, but NeonZ your entry is way better than anything I expected. Great model!!:D

NeonZ
05-31-2017, 09:02 AM
thanks. I tried creating another model first, but it wasn't doing it for me. I think these are a little more difficult since we don't have real work objects to reference like normal challenge topics. If anyone else wants to comment on this thread regarding this concept and what other ideas we might be able to implement to make this a fun option for anyone who wants to model, please do so. I know we're trying to get the Challenge back up and running normally after a long hiatus, so we'll just keep them coming. If not one else posts an entry by tonight, I'll release a new topic tomorrow for June 1 to 14. I'm putting together a list of topics for cases where we might not have any entries, so anyone with an idea for these challenges can PM me with your ideas and I'll keep a list to pick from as a backup!