PDA

View Full Version : Updating web apps

kanep
05-07-2017, 09:56 AM
I'm slowing working on updating my web apps. I'm checking their compatibility with TriCaster Advanced Edition Rev 4 and Rev 5, TriCaster TC1 and IP Series systems. I'm also working on updating the installer to figure out what NewTek system you are installing them on and automatically put the files in the correct location. If the installer can't figure out what NewTek system you are running on, it will place the web app folder on the desktop of the system.

While I'm working on this, I'd appreciate any feedback if you find issues. You can post them here or send me a direct message thru the forums.

Current 'Tiny Titler' has been updated. I'm working on 'DataLink Timer' now and hope to have that uploaded soon. I'll work on the other apps as I can find time.

http://bit.ly/kanesworld

Radio_TVPat1982
05-08-2017, 07:25 AM
I was only on AE 5 for a day since there were some issues with that beta update and my Mini. I did try to use both the spreadsheet app and the DL Titler app. Titler worked as before but I could not access the spreadsheet program at all.

While you are working on apps, any way I could request you add the option to do clock up to your Timer App? I will gladly send over a donation to your page. I know you work hard in your personal time to create these great solutions! I use several of them.

kanep
05-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Thanks. In TC-AE Rev 5, the location that web app go was changed, so if you try to install the previous installer versions would put them in a location the TriCaster would no longer use.

A count up is something on the wish list of feature for the Timer app. Perhaps once I get all of the apps updated, I'll see what I can do. My plan for the next app is a Skype TX talkback controller for TC1 and IP Series, so that on the same system you are running Skype TX Control you can trigger the talkback settings of these systems.

jeff_h
05-08-2017, 12:59 PM
First off, thank you so much for these awesome web apps! Although I couldn't get any of the ones I tried to work on my 460 AE with Rev 5, I just tested the updated TinyTitler today and it works like a charm. We do a lot of Facebook Lives for our various television brands like HGTV, History, etc. (Canada versions) and do a lot of live viewer comments/questions. The social op does a lot of editing on the fly to fit these into the graphic lower thirds... being able to see them from her notebook and not have to look over at my monitors is fantastic.
If it's at all possible to expand the 2: text box to show more text for quick edits (we use 1: for the viewer's name), it'd be darn near perfect.

Looking forward to an updated Stream ID (can't always use the FBL plugin) and will certainly give the others a try when they're updated.

Again, thank you very much for your efforts.

kanep
05-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Happy that you find them so useful.

Luckily, so far, not much work has been required to get some apps updated. The follow apps are now available.

- DataLink Timer
- StreamID
- DataLink Titler
- SpreadSheet

PIZAZZ
05-10-2017, 08:58 AM
excellent work Kane.

kanep
03-28-2018, 05:50 PM
I've added some quick start videos to many of the web apps on my site. If you aren't sure what some of them do, now you can find out in a short video.

kanep
05-18-2018, 03:55 PM
Just updated my StreamID app, now supports sending of two lines of text at once, making easier to transfer both the Stream URL and Stream ID without having go between the systems twice.

http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/streamid

kanep
09-22-2018, 06:38 PM
Posted a new version of my Spreadsheet app. Download it here.

http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/spreadsheet

ctc2010
09-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Kane, I'm a BIG fan of the Spreadsheet app, I use it to pull live stats w/ headshots for volleyball and soccer matches. My only question is if it would be possible to have an auto-update or auto-refresh mode in the future on the web app. For example, if I have a .CSV file uploaded that is pulling live stats, is it possible to make the web app re-load my CSV file automatically every X number of seconds so I don't have to manually re-upload it? Eventually my goal will be to use excel to import an XML statcrew file, save it as a CSV, and upload it to the spreadsheet app. Baby steps!

jroller
09-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Posted a new version of my Spreadsheet app. Download it here.

http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/spreadsheet

Thanks for what appears to be a great tool. I just downloaded the 9/22 build to attempt to use it for a homecoming event tomorrow evening. I have the app installed on a new Tricaster 460. I am able to enter the IP/sheet address into a browser and bring up the app in the browser on a second Windows machine wired into the same network. When I attempt to load the .csv file, nothing appears. That is true with a file I created and the example file.

If I try to open the app in Safari or Chrome on my MB Pro wired into the same network, I cannot get the app to load in the browser. Essentially, nothing happens.

I have not tried the March 11 build.

kanep
09-28-2018, 07:31 AM
Kane, I'm a BIG fan of the Spreadsheet app, I use it to pull live stats w/ headshots for volleyball and soccer matches. My only question is if it would be possible to have an auto-update or auto-refresh mode in the future on the web app. For example, if I have a .CSV file uploaded that is pulling live stats, is it possible to make the web app re-load my CSV file automatically every X number of seconds so I don't have to manually re-upload it? Eventually my goal will be to use excel to import an XML statcrew file, save it as a CSV, and upload it to the spreadsheet app. Baby steps!

Having a web app open the same file over and over from the local computer file system isn't possible. A web browser sandboxes JavaScript programs, so I do not have access to the local computer's file system. When you press the 'open file' button, it gives the JavaScript program a tiny amount of access allow thru the browser to a file that is selected. The web app doesn't even know the path to the file, it is just given the data the you select. Because of this, it isn't possible to have my web app reopen the file again without the user selecting it from the open dialog window each time.

For something like this, it would have to be written in C or C++.

I do think that NewBlue FX Titler has the ability to read in external data and update it as the external data it updated in a file.

kanep
09-28-2018, 07:35 AM
Thanks for what appears to be a great tool. I just downloaded the 9/22 build to attempt to use it for a homecoming event tomorrow evening. I have the app installed on a new Tricaster 460. I am able to enter the IP/sheet address into a browser and bring up the app in the browser on a second Windows machine wired into the same network. When I attempt to load the .csv file, nothing appears. That is true with a file I created and the example file.

If I try to open the app in Safari or Chrome on my MB Pro wired into the same network, I cannot get the app to load in the browser. Essentially, nothing happens.

I have not tried the March 11 build.

What browser as you trying ot use on the PC?

For the Mac, are yo using the IP address in the URL or the computer name? For computer name method, add '.local' to then end of the name. Like "TriCaster.local" is the sysetm is just named TriCaster.

Finally, perhaps if you can capture some screen grabs or a short video of what you are seeing and send a link by a direct message, I might get a better idea of what is going on.

jroller
09-28-2018, 10:18 AM
I am on a Daktronics Show Control computer (HP Touchscreen) using IE. On the Mac, I was using the IP address (192.168.0.150). Trying on Chrome on the PC. Stay tuned.....

jroller
09-28-2018, 10:23 AM
The file loaded on Chrome on the PC. And.....now everything seems to be fine on the MBP. It's like taking your car to the mechanic! Apologies and thanks for a great product.

kanep
09-28-2018, 11:20 AM
Great to hear you got it going.

Also, I just posted a new video on the Spreadsheet app page that explains how the new features work.

kanep
09-28-2018, 11:22 AM
I am on a Daktronics Show Control computer (HP Touchscreen) using IE. On the Mac, I was using the IP address (192.168.0.150). Trying on Chrome on the PC. Stay tuned.....

IE11 will have problems. It can be made to work, but you have to change a setting.

1. Open Internet Options
2. Click on the 'Settings' button under Browsing History.
3. Choose the option 'Every time I visit the webpage'

After that all of my apps will work with IE11.

ctc2010
09-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Having a web app open the same file over and over from the local computer file system isn't possible. A web browser sandboxes JavaScript programs, so I do not have access to the local computer's file system. When you press the 'open file' button, it gives the JavaScript program a tiny amount of access allow thru the browser to a file that is selected. The web app doesn't even know the path to the file, it is just given the data the you select. Because of this, it isn't possible to have my web app reopen the file again without the user selecting it from the open dialog window each time.

For something like this, it would have to be written in C or C++.

I do think that NewBlue FX Titler has the ability to read in external data and update it as the external data it updated in a file.
I figured it couldn’t be as easy as I was hoping. Thanks for the insight though!

kanep
01-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Feeling a bit under the weather, so time to update some web apps!

- Added a recording status indicator to WebTally. Now when recording is active, a camera icon will appear in the upper right corner.

- Increased the number of fields in DataLink Titler from 8 to 16.

Download at http://bit.ly/kanesworld

geofffox
02-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Kane -

Just updated my Mini HDMI to AE3. Webtally gives me an error 404 file not found. I did reinstall the latest version after AE3.

You have no idea how many times it's already saved me!

Feeling a bit under the weather, so time to update some web apps!

- Added a recording status indicator to WebTally. Now when recording is active, a camera icon will appear in the upper right corner.

- Increased the number of fields in DataLink Titler from 8 to 16.

Download at http://bit.ly/kanesworld

kanep
02-09-2019, 01:30 PM
I think I see what is happening.

The folder for web apps in AE2 is "C:\ProgramData\NewTek\TriCaster\Configuration\web_ tc"

For AE3/TC1 it is "C:\ProgramData\NewTek\TriCaster\Configuration\web"

I think what is happening, is that on AE2 systems which had my web app installed before you upgrade to AE3, the old directory is left behind because my files are present. When my web app installer runs, it looks for folders that can be found on different model TriCaster systems, finds the AE2 one first, and installs files in it, but it really needs to be installing into the new AE3 location.

I'm working on updating my installer script to handle this situation. I'll let you know when they are all updated.

kanep
02-10-2019, 08:18 AM
Looks like I've got the installer figured out so web apps will install correctly on AE3 systems that have been upgraded from AE2. You will need to download the app installers and run them again on the system.

Before I go any update all the code, there is one more piece of information that I'm hoping that someone can help me out with. I'd like the verify the model name of the TriCaster Mini SDI unit because I think it has changed in AE3 (my Mini SDI system is shipped out). If someone has a Mini SDI with AE3 on it, can you type the following command into a the URL of a web browser on the network. Replace the sample IP with the IP of your TriCaster system.

http://127.0.0.1/v1/version

After you run this (it might also ask for a password, admin/admin is the default), it will return XML information. The only line I'm interested in is the very first one labeled as <product_model>. I need to know exactly how it is shown. It should be similar to what you see below. (I'm guessing XDMINISDI, but want to verify).

<product_model>XD460</product_model>

Many of my web app detect the model of TriCaster they are controlling by asking for the product model information. This allows the app to show the proper resources available on the system to be controlled (number of inputs or M/E available, etc). On my Mini HDMI unit, I have noticed the product model changed slightly, so I'm guessing that the same has happened on the SDI model. My apps will run even without a proper detection, but they will default to a minimal level of resources (which happens to match the Mini, so not really a big deal, but I'd like it to be correct just in case).

kanep
02-10-2019, 10:24 PM
I have modified all of my web app with an installer that will find the correct web server folder on AE3 systems. Also, I've tested all of my apps to make sure they are compatible with AE3 and fixed any apps that had issues.

kanep
02-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Second time! I've updated all of the installers again, so hopefully (fingers crossed!) all of my web app should install on AE2 or AE3 correctly. If you download the versions from Feb 10, 2019, to install on AE2, download them again and they should work.