PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Zbrush Modeler

tuovni
05-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Hi, Iīm trying to improve my technique of modelling and want to incorporate Zbrush in the process, so I send my character to Zbrush to do things like UV, paint the mesh and make "normal Map".

I have the problem that when I come again to "modeler" the original mesh have a different shape, is more like it is more smooth. Itīs because "Zbrush" change the mesh after it do the subdivision, I donīt know why.

Is any way to avoid it? And come again with my original mesh.

Thank you very much!!!

Norka
05-06-2017, 04:54 PM
For some inexplicable reason, they always come back with subpatch toggled. Just hit Tab and you are g-t-g.

tuovni
05-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Sorry, but Iīm not refer that come again with out subdivision. After I apply subdivison in Zbrush the original object return different, the vertex arenīt in the same place and the whole object looks like more smooth.

Is something inside Zbrush, is not related to modeler. Iīm asking if there is any trick to return to retrive the origianl mesh once you are back in modeler. Something like "bkg to morph".
This tool dosnīt work because the order of the vertex isnīt the same when the object return from ZB.

bobakabob
05-06-2017, 05:58 PM
If GoZ is giving you problems, just don't' use it, it's not really necessary.

Sounds like you're experiencing post ZBrush smoothing. Solution - use CAGE button in Tool panel when exporting.

Once you've created your model in ZBrush, if you want to bring it into a conventional 3D app like Lightwave for animation you probably need to reduce the poly count, so use Zremesher and use this as the starting point for textures. If you've created uvs in ZB and painted textures, create your image map and use FBX export.

If you've used a base mesh to paint and sculpt on, you should definitely consider using "cage" button on export as this will avoid your mesh becoming overly smooth once back in LW. Hope this makes sense...

djwaterman
05-07-2017, 12:45 AM
It's a long time since I used ZBrush, but isn't there an option in ZBrush where you can always step back to the original division level? It's saved as a morph or something.

gerry_g
05-07-2017, 05:45 AM
yeah used to have to store morph target in older versions of ZBrush but now its automatic and you can always return to the base level using the slider in the geometry tab, that is if you haven't gone and done something silly like hit 'delete lower' or 'freeze', and iff you have been sculpting be aware the base mesh will have been altered too not just the higher levels.

tuovni
05-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Thank you very much gerry_g, that was the solution for my problem. Finally I could do with the morph target, I couldnīt make it works with th slider (SDiv). It didnīt do it automatically. Maybe I have to do something before?

Thanks all for your help!!!