PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking a shadow color

Philbert
05-04-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm doing a "Fringe text" thing in one of my videos and I have an issue where the text shadow is a warmer color than the other shadows in the scene. I'm happy with the rest of the color though. Is there a way I can change just the shadow color or do you think I just just render it separately and fix it in post?

MonroePoteet
05-04-2017, 04:27 PM
If you're using a Front Projection object to cast the shadow, you can modify the color / luminosity / diffuse of the FP object''s surface away from flat black. As long as the FP object's Surface is set to Shadow Density in the Advanced tab, you might see a discolored shape where the FP object is in the render, but then when you composite the render on top of the background plate, the shadow color / opacity, etc. can be adjusted changing the FP object surface values.

mTp

Ztreem
05-04-2017, 04:39 PM
I would rerender that as the shadows is in the wrong direction. Render the shadows in a separate pass so you can adjust them in post. You could also tweak them in vpr until they match and then render.

Philbert
05-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Yeah I see I need to adjust the direction more towards the camera, thanks. BTW I'm using a flat plane with the shadow catcher material. I just realized that I can open that node up and adjust the color. I guess I kind of solved my own problem as far as the color.