PDA

View Full Version : RHiggit Face Factory Open Beta Announcement

RebelHill
05-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Hello all...

So... a new RHiggit tool is arriving... Face Factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKT9Z9R_jl8

This new tool, like the existing Body Builder, allows for the automatic creation and speedy setup of high quality facial rigs for characters and creatures in LightWave. It can be used standalone, add face rigs to RHiggit Body Builder creations, or other rigs, such as those created by Genoma, or even imported from elsewhere.

As was the case with the original Body Builder, this tool is coming out first as an open beta, bringing early access for riggers and animators, as well (and most importantly) as giving you the opportunity to join in with helping to shape and guide the tools evolution as it moves to "final" release.

I very much hope those of you with an interest in such work will join in (and given the nature of the tool, not just those who have a high level understanding of this stuff, but also those who're looking to it to do what either they can't or dont have the time to do in depth), so that it can be moulded to be as easy and robust as possible, hitting all the needs and desires of users.

Also take note, that whilst this tool does a LOT automatically, there are things you just can't do with autorigging (such as linking custom morphs or character specific wrinkle maps or whatnot to controller actions), though of course those things most certainly CAN be added over the top of these rigs by the user. For those who're wanting to get up to speed on such techniques, and thus explore all this tool can do for them... then during the open beta period, Face Factory can be bought bundled with the RH Face Rigging master rigging training at a special offer price.

http://rebelhill.net/html/ffob.html

So there it is... hope y'all like what you see.

Cheers muchly.

ernpchan
05-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Wow, just wow.

Dam it RH I just completed my physical therapy from having my mind blown from RHiggit and now this. Good thing my co-payments are reasonable.

Simon-S
05-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Sign me up!

Greenlaw
05-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Amazing, RH! Absolutely amazing!

gamedesign1
05-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Very interested, nice work :)

daforum
05-04-2017, 11:27 AM
That is wonderful! It's sent my imagination into overdrive!

What would be cool is if Audio could somehow be linked to the mouth bones and then bake the mouth movement so at least the majority is there for later refinements.
Or output morph maps for mouth or face shapes that can then be saved as presets and later used on (similar/ same number of bones) rigs. Maybe i just didn't notice but the rigs might have a set number of bones/ joints anyway.

Also ears. Would that be possible to add a function/ addition to rig ears?

See, it's got me excited for the future of Face Factory. Great stuff :-)

CaptainMarlowe
05-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Astounding ! I sure wish I had some time to test this, but this will be a must have, no doubt.

mummyman
05-04-2017, 01:19 PM
RebelHill...this makes me wish I did character animation!!!! Wow.. very cool.

allabulle
05-04-2017, 02:59 PM
I'm in.

Kevbarnes
05-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Lets face it - you can't look a gift-horse in the face and not buy-in.

Sensei
05-04-2017, 05:45 PM

That was my the first thought also. Dog at the end definitely needs bones for ears.

chikega
05-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Shut up and take my money!!!:dance:

ConjureBunny
05-04-2017, 08:44 PM
This looks seriously outstanding.

Kryslin
05-04-2017, 11:23 PM
I'm in. Don't know how much testing I'll be able to do this month, but after Anime North is done with...

toeknee
05-05-2017, 12:24 AM
Craig great tool. I would be happy to add this to my tool set.

bobakabob
05-05-2017, 04:44 AM
Looks amazing.

The main question I have is how can it be easily added to a pre existing RHiggit or Genoma rig in the most user friendly way?

I would be glad to sign up but unfortunately tied up at least for next two months...

Ernest
05-05-2017, 05:21 AM
Even if you like animating your phonems with morphs, this could easily be the easiest method of creating morph targets.

Can it save and load poses?

RebelHill
05-05-2017, 06:13 AM
Cheers very much all... so very glad you seem so impressed.

main question I have is how can it be easily added to a pre existing RHiggit or Genoma rig in the most user friendly way?

You just select the bit you want it to "branch" from (usually the head bone)... thsts it.

Can it save and load poses?

Animation Toolbox does pose loading and saving... that'll also be getting an update during this dev period to give some added specific functionality for the face rigs.

tyrot
05-05-2017, 06:29 AM
you have just filled a gap in lightwave almost size of a galaxy! THANK you! i am in .. all the way!

ianr
05-05-2017, 08:04 AM
That is wonderful! It's sent my imagination into overdrive!

What would be cool is if Audio could somehow be linked to the mouth bones and then bake the mouth movement so at least the majority is there for later refinements.
Or output morph maps for mouth or face shapes that can then be saved as presets and later used on (similar/ same number of bones) rigs. Maybe i just didn't notice but the rigs might have a set number of bones/ joints anyway.

See, it's got me excited for the future of Face Factory. Great stuff :-)

The Way I see it Craig, is 2 bones per ear added to the rig default, so we can do Spocks or Doggies!

May I suggest with a small fiscal increment that your Pose Loading additions also appear in Face Factory also.

I know you did a joysticker ages ago, I would love have one back similarly responsive & fast enough to drive

morph blends from each corner which I had in the Shave & Haircut Plug- in by Joe Alter running in LW8!

Also an AUDIO scrubber that works, may be overrides LW3DG's one & works properly in match-syncro to sound clips

recieved from one's clientel, when one has to match the keyframing to the client's voice clip.

Also because TAFA 2 never turned up like soo many other things. and you are always pretty meticulous in LWology!

P.S. Ship it with a bit of Content

MichaelT
05-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Nicely done :)

Kryslin
05-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Ears are a function of RHiggit2 Body Builder; they're under the digits tab.

Spinland
05-05-2017, 11:56 AM
Oh. Mah. Gawd. Guess who just today had an inquiry about a new character animation project? Just fired up PayPal. I see fun times ahead! :jam:

ianr
05-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Okay Kryslin,
It's neater have it inside this App too!

( Less clicks for Good Flicks)

RebelHill
05-09-2017, 05:39 AM
The Way I see it Craig, is 2 bones per ear added to the rig default, so we can do Spocks or Doggies!
May I suggest with a small fiscal increment that your Pose Loading additions also appear in Face Factory also.

Ears and other bits will be finding their way in, first though shall be ensuring that the main face systems work well for folks, and settling the final "working" of the whole thing. Then those bits can be brought in (and ofc handled so that they dont conflict with body builder).

Also, once the structures in the rig are locked down fully, then the pose tools will get an update to handle faces easily too.

Kevbarnes
05-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Just thought I would post this here - as I was getting lonely :oye: in the other thread all by myself!

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?153570-RHiggit-Face-Factory-Beta-discussion

-------------------
Hi RH - Just been testing out the Face Factory.

With a new rig generated I am getting the 'Rgt_MidLip1 Controller, I think is misplaced - should this be under its Base so that it can be zero'd out?

136758 136759

Also, same query for 'Brow' Controllers 'Rgt and Lft_Brow1-4' - but not strictly necessary.

Phonems :
One idea came to mind, of having preset poses of phonems - with a set of standard phonems for the base rig - could they be Re-targeted to match changes based on the Marker set-up positions.
It may not be perfect for the character mesh being fitted but might save time in setting up say a dog character to talk.

RebelHill
07-31-2017, 05:33 AM
Hey all...

For those who've not seen, just a lil note to let you know that we're on the last bit of road to completion and subsequent final release. As such, if you're after getting in on the face riggy goodness, then be aware we're in the last stage of the beta pricing special, including the add on special including the face rigging tutorial series for those wanting to dig even deeper into advanced face rigging techniques and functionality. So if you're after making a lil such saving, then sooner rather than later is the time for it.

In the meantime, here's a lil piece of recent animation testing by me, showing some of the lovely shapelyness you can get setup with this system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEZEe9YDBA0

Cheers muchly... ttfn.

OFF
07-31-2017, 06:09 AM
Looks very interesting. How it interacts with RHiggit?

RebelHill
07-31-2017, 06:25 AM
Just fine... you can add the face rig to any kind of body rig... RHiggit, Genoma, mocap, self built, whatever.

sami
08-02-2017, 11:16 PM
RebelHill - one question I have which your videos surprisingly don't mention - is How do you anticipate this to be used with heavy lip sync (characters talking)?

Are there any ways to save phonemes or emotional expressions and blend between them? if it's just keyframing the controllers manually, lip sync (with proper character acting) would be tedious. Is this a roadmap thing for you for next version? I would appreciate if you could elaborate on this aspect as well as how you'd suggest tying the rig to facial morphs etc

Nonetheless - looks very impressive and worth it for sure!!