PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave to Faceshift and back HELP!

genesis1
05-04-2017, 05:35 AM
I've been following the tut on YouTube with the Alien head. I can import my own character form LW to Faceshift with morphs etc, but cannot get this flipping eye tracking to work. I created a basic skeleton with eye bones and sent it over to Faceshift just like in the tutorial. Set the eye bones. However, unlike in the tut, my eyes just push and pull and distort the face. They don't turn. Anyone experienced with Faceshift or using it with LW maybe point out where I am going wrong??

RebelHill
05-04-2017, 06:11 AM
You have to weight the eyeballs to the bones.

genesis1
05-04-2017, 06:32 AM
You have to weight the eyeballs to the bones.

Thanks I will try that. :)

genesis1
05-04-2017, 07:11 AM
Still not working properly. For some reason the eye textures stop showing and are black. The face is OK, but the eyes just drop back in the head when moving around or bulge out when looking to the right.
The tut says nothing about weighting the eyes to the bones, but have done that with above results.
Not sure what to try now. In the video it's made simple...but I cannot seem to get it to work correctly. I even tried exporting one of Face shifts characters to lightweight, but that ends up with the eyes below the model.