PDA

View Full Version : how do you import surface presets

jimmahbee
05-03-2017, 11:36 AM
sorry for the dumb question but I'm trying to import surface presets that I downloaded from 3dxyz into my presets library and I don't see anything but the folder...what am I doing wrong...are these nodes that need to be loaded ? Thanx Jim

prometheus
05-03-2017, 11:54 AM
impossible to say, are you sure the presets are lightwave and not octane material, exactly what preset is it you downloaded so we can check, it would help you out better if you provide info, link to it directly when you ask a question, that way people can check and maybe responed immediately without questions like mine here.

you donīt see anything but the folder? from where..when you browse in explorer or in lightwave?
presets for lightwave are in pst format, so that is the extensions of the presets, and lightwaves default presets are located in the program folder, however..every preset you create and add from lightwave is placed under your user/newtek folder, and that is where you normally place any pst file you download.

prometheus
05-03-2017, 12:25 PM
If I were to install the Robert Graham collection, (pst files and some images)
the path would look like this (yourname) to whatever your user is..
C:\Users\yourname\.NewTek\LightWave\11.6.3\presets \Surface Editor\Surface Preset\Robs surfaces

now..You may need to set the layout path preferences and check custom paths and then locate the folder "surface preset"
Unfortunately you only know that nodes are used, in this case I got the dbw nodes or materials popping up and a long list of unchecking buttons, I donīt get it why people provide presets without further giving information on what nodes are required..annoying.

here is a link o dbw plugin required for the above surface presets...
https://www.db-w.com/products/dbwtools/downloads/summary/8-lightwave-plugins-free/142-dbaw-tools