PDA

View Full Version : quicktime 10fps?

etobiason
12-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Using LW 7.5 on Mac OS X, I have tried twice to render an animation at 10 fps.

For type I chose .mov, and under options I picked 10 as the frames per second.

The first time there was no compression. The final rendered movie played at 30 fps.

The second time I chose Animation compression and a key frame every frame, as well as 10 fps, and still the final product was a 30 fps movie.

Any ideas?

danielkaiser
12-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Under Layout>Options>General Options, or the "O" key, set your frame rate there, this overrides the frame rate in Quicktime.

Dan

etobiason
12-19-2003, 09:12 AM
I actually tried that already, too, and it didn't have any effect....

danielkaiser
12-19-2003, 09:55 AM
If you have Quicktime Pro or any other program that accepts image sequences, render your anim off as seprate frames (which is a good idea anyway) and set the frame rate in the app of your chooseing, should have said this before, it's the way most do it!
then you can tweek the setup without having to rerender.

Dan

alex68
12-19-2003, 10:06 AM
Nobody render out as .mov or .avi (just people who works with web and needs a quick way to put their "masterpieces" on the web". If you are a serious 3duser I advise you to render out as an image sequence (.tiff or better .pic) ready to cook in Shake or your comp program, and here you can adjust the frame rate and export to .mov file. Other alternative is to import the sequence with Quick-pro and export as .mov.

Enrico

etobiason
12-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys. I'll render pic sequences for low frame rate animation tests from now on.

-e