PDA

View Full Version : LW, MS Surface Studio and other touch enabled devices

04-25-2017, 09:24 AM
Good day,
As I sit here playing with our newly arrived toys, I wonder what the LW group is going to do about LWs ignorance of the touch system.
Every 3D program I've played with thus far seems to be 'aware' of the touch system, readily using it without the normal shortcut keys being involved for panning, zooming or tumbling. LW, though, needs the short cut key to be involved in the process.
Thus far, watching the students use them has been a somewhat surreal experience: the all-touch computers are here.

Can someone pass along a request to see The Next on a touch system (as I don't do facebook)?

Julez4001
05-18-2017, 02:56 AM
Lightwave has touch support whats the problem?

UnCommonGrafx
05-20-2017, 07:07 AM
Really?
You ever pinched zoom in the perspective window?

And I was wrong: many of the other apps can't do this either.

Greenlaw
05-21-2017, 09:17 PM
I just checked on my Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

I can use touch in Layout but not multitouch. In Modeler, multitouch (pinching) works for zooming but that's about it; I can't tumble or rotate with my fingers. I have to set Layout and Modeler to Tablet mode for touch to be usable.

For LightWave, I never bother with touch--I still prefer a mouse and sometime a stylus. In my experience, touch just isn't precise enough for 3D. But I agree, it would be nice to see some attention paid to this in LightWave's future.

I do like to use multitouch in Clip Studio Paint EX (where it works really well) and sometimes for Moho Pro 12 (the 2D animation program, not Modo,) but only when working on my tablet. I think multitouch in Clip Studio Paint works with the Surface but in Moho it only works with a Wacom touch enabled device. I know the most recent version of Moho works with the Surface Dial but I've never used that.