PDA

View Full Version : tiny mograph tutorial

bazsa73
04-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Hello guys, I use this setup pretty often in my work so I thought I share this. I hope this helps you in your work.
Cheers.
This is part one. From this setup it's easy to extend it onward into more complex setups.

daforum
04-23-2017, 12:17 AM
Thanks bazsa73. Looking forward to part 2.

( can we see this in action? )

bazsa73
04-23-2017, 01:49 AM
Thanks bazsa73. Looking forward to part 2.

( can we see this in action? )

https://vimeo.com/100087255

I share the scene file. The controler object does more than in the PDF. It controls rotation and scale of the middle part of the object so it is possible to dissolve and reveal the mesh using only one controller.
The tedious part is the creation of expressions and the assignment of each to the respective key in the Curve Node Graph Editor which for some reason is a different Graph Editor, unlike the native one, God knows
only why has it been implemented this way.
DOWNLOAD THIS>

This scene dissolves a sphere and back but without using a controler.

daforum
04-27-2017, 04:40 AM
Thanks for sharing and your examples on vimeo look really good.

Is there a way to do this without the Curve Node and Expressions - would just a Gradient Node with keys have the same effect?

bazsa73
04-27-2017, 09:46 AM
Thanks for sharing and your examples on vimeo look really good.

Is there a way to do this without the Curve Node and Expressions - would just a Gradient Node with keys have the same effect?

You can actually if you plug any item's any property, let's say a NULL's x position into a gradient node's key position but I don't use it. Visually poorer. It's better to see the shape of the curve in many situations when you have
to handle multiple items. Even this present setup with 2 different graph editors makes things very difficult, finding the proper expressions, controllers etcetera. LW doesn't shine workflow wise in these areas. You easily bump into
walls and the only way out is building tricky workarounds etc. It's like low level coding my younger collagues say about LW. C4D guys at least.

Niko3D
04-27-2017, 10:02 AM
Wow!Very cool!!!thank you!!!

toeknee
05-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Thank you Bazsa, this is a great gift to the community. You are awesome and this is more proof of that.

bazsa73
11-05-2018, 01:16 AM
Hello Guys, this example scene uses the new Mesh Part node, so these files work only under 2018.

The idea is based on the examples of Joe Lertola in the LW2018 documentation.

My version uses a Null to control the deform and I use the falloff nodes which are pretty handy in my opinion
Feel free to experiment.

More files here plus a fractured LWO box
http://www.visionsupreme.net/plugins/LWMOGRAPH/

http://www.visionsupreme.net/plugins/LWMOGRAPH/PartMoveAxialTranslateWobbly.lws

BeeVee
11-05-2018, 02:55 AM
Hey Basza,

It would be really great if you could just create a content directory and zip it up for people to download, rather than the individual files... :)

All the best,

B

bazsa73
11-05-2018, 03:01 AM
Hey Basza,

It would be really great if you could just create a content directory and zip it up for people to download, rather than the individual files... :)

All the best,

B
You are totally right Sir! I will correct it.