PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a 3d Connexion Device... please can you log a report with 3d Connexion?

lardbros
04-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Hi there everyone,

I'm currently struggling to get any support from 3d Connexion and my 3d mouse/mices :)

I have a support call logged with them, but I've been waiting months and months to see if they'll acknowledge that there's an issue.

Basically, LW 2015.3 doesn't work any longer with my 3d mice, on their driver versions past 10.4.4.
I have a Space Pilot, a Space Navigator and a Spacemouse Pro and none of them seem to work correctly in LightWave 2015.

It doesn't seem to be that common, either there aren't many LW users out there using 3d mouse devices from 3d Connexion, or they just haven't seen it.
The issue seems to be:

- The mouse works perfectly with ANY floating panels open and highlighted
- It won't work if the main UI of Modeller or Layout is highlighted/in focus
- If the Navigation panel is open, it will work! Which kept catching me out.

Roll back to 10.4.3 and they work perfectly.

All I'm asking is that anyone who has seen this problem, will raise the issue with 3d Connexion and try to get it raised as a more important problem. At the moment, they've released up to v10.4.10 of the drivers and still it doesn't fix the issue.

Anyone who has a few minutes and has seen this issue, it would be helpful if we could get the support call escalated, as they'll then realise they need to fix it sharp-ish!

Cheers,
Tim

jwiede
04-21-2017, 11:54 AM
Just a note: What you're describing sounds more like a LW2015.3 problem than a Logitech/3DConnexion problem, given it seems to be application-specific and seems tied to specific LW input handling behaviors (w.r.t. to it working fine when Nav panel is open). Do you have similar problems occurring in any other applications?

lardbros
04-21-2017, 12:53 PM
It can't be... It works in v10.4.3 and then stopped working in v10.4.4 or .5.
I don't have issues with other applications, but that doesn't mean it's not their issue. I know other users have seen issues like this, just encouraging them to report it to 3d connexion that's all.

I reported it to Newtek and they investigated, and found a fault with the drivers... So, hoping they'll sort it out with a bit of prodding from other users.

lardbros
04-24-2017, 06:21 AM
No one else with a 3d connexion device that they use with LightWave? Really?

THIBAULT
04-24-2017, 06:35 AM
Yes, 3D connexion here but no problem ! All is good with 2015.3. How can i help you ?

Snosrap
04-24-2017, 07:00 AM
I have a 3D Connexion that I use with Autodesk Inventor but don't use it with LW. It does however work in Modeler just fine - I just don't like it, as Wacom and the Alt- Shift - Ctrl combo keys work the best for me. If those combo keys were available in Inventor I'd use them there too. :)

lardbros
04-25-2017, 03:31 PM
Yes, 3D connexion here but no problem ! All is good with 2015.3. How can i help you ?

Even with the latest drivers from 3d connexion? What build of Windows?

I see the same problem on three different machines and three completely different 3d connexion devices. On two different Windows operating systems. Win 7 and Win 10 64-bit

THIBAULT
04-26-2017, 11:56 AM
Lardbros : 3DX Ware version 10 : 10.4.3 / 3Dx Wincore 17.4.3.12962 on my 2 Pc stations : Windows 10 64 on my 2 PC stations.
My 3d connexion devices have always work very good on LW. Never have a problem in 3 years.
Remenber one problem with USB 2. Connect on USB and all is good !

lardbros
04-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Lol... So, thanks for getting back.

That's the last version of the 3d connexion drivers that work correctly in LightWave for me too.
Anything above 10.4.3 won't work properly.

I'd ask you to try, but it will only mean you then have to go back to 10.4.3 again.

Anyone who has grabbed their latest drivers, and has issues... Please report to 3d connexion, it would be great to have more than just me report it, as I've been waiting 6 months for them to look at it, and they haven't yet.

rustythe1
04-26-2017, 05:11 PM
it happens every few versions for me, just roll back and its fine and wait for a few versions, the latest driver was mainly because they added a new product according to the release notes so its not really needed

lardbros
04-27-2017, 12:55 AM
It's been the last 6 versions that are broken for just LW. It means I can't use thr latest 3ds max with my 3d mouse as it wasn't included in 10.4.3.
I have rolled back, and opened a support ticket with 3d connexion... But I'm the only one, so just want someone else to do the same, or as many people as possible, as they're clearly not taking it seriously at the moment.

whodini
06-28-2017, 09:36 AM
I have had my share of issues with LW and my 3D Connexion Space Mouse. Sadly only with LW. Every other app has been unaffected by software version.

A couple of years ago I picked up a 3D mouse and fell in love with it. Over time It became glitchy and then stoped working completely. I discovered that I could simply run an older driver for the mouse and that worked for a while. Then one day about a year ago I upgraded my OS (I'm on a Mac) and everything went south. My computer went from glitchy to unbootable. I traced the issue to the older 3DC driver and I was forced to upgrade. The upgrade restored the functionality of my computer but I lost the use of my 3D mouse in LW completely. Again, all my other 3D apps still work fine and always have. Seems to have something to do with Mac OS and LW.

As LW is my primary 3D app, my 3D mouse has been sitting in my desk drawer for a over a year now.

lardbros
06-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Please can you log a report with 3d connexion? I've done research on this and it does seem to be 3d connexion's issue, not Newtek.

I just need more people to report an issue as their devs struggling with time to even look into it as I'm the only one who has reported it with them.

graviel
06-29-2017, 12:43 AM
I use a 3D connexion device every day, I don't even remember how to navigate LW with mouse and keyboard. It works for me. The installations were always easy, the only struggle I could possibly remember is misadjust sensitivity after install (which made it look broken at first), which is solved just by the + and - buttons of the device.

marcus staffel
07-03-2017, 03:26 AM
I've got a SpacePilot Pro with 10.4.4 driver, Windows 10 64bit, Lightwave 2015.3 and the same issue, that SpacePilotPro only works with virtual studio device manager open and in focus.

So I used it changing the focus to Layout and back to the device manager. I tried to record a camera path. One odd thing is, that it only works -179 degrees up to 179 degrees. So camera makes a looping back to be within this range instead of a correct camera path.

gerry_g
07-03-2017, 04:24 AM
He's on a Mac, device is is unobtainable or unrecognisable from any panel Nav Prefs, Live Studio, anything, it's total no go on a Mac with LW, works fine every where else tho, so have to wonder ??

marcus staffel
07-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Now I downgraded to 10.4.3 and I can control the camera with SpacePilotPro, but I can't go further than -179 degrees or 180 degrees. So if I turn more than 180 degrees in one direction it skips backward to the other direction.

You can type in the numbers 360, 720, ... and everything is allright, but you can not turn 720 degree by using the 3dmouse without skipping backward.

TIMMYLYNN
08-12-2017, 11:21 AM
SPACE PILOT PRO I've got 2015.3 and w10 64 . just tested lightwave and modeler is clunky only goes up and down and that's it...switch to layout and it works properly. I hate to say it but out of all the software I tested it on so far the most fluid was MODO and 3DCOAT. blender is wanky and it's basically useless in modeler. I did have to change my display settings from tablet to mouse to even get it to do anything and again it seems to work properly in layout but not in modeler...strange...that seems to me...I do have the latest driver...I hope the wonderful people at NEWTEK will make sure it all works properly in the next release... :)))

Markc
08-12-2017, 12:00 PM
I gave up on this a long time ago with LW.
I only use my Space Navigator in 3dCoat, which works seamlessly.

Between 3dCoat uses, it gathers dust :D

lardbros
08-13-2017, 01:47 AM
I use it all the time, at work and at home, but the latest drivers have let me down. I genuinely don't think it's Newtek this time... Logitech aren't that bothered unfortunately.

rustythe1
08-13-2017, 03:17 AM
its usually Logitech, ive learned over the years to stay back 2 or 3 drivers as it seems to get fixed in one then a new feature breaks it again, the latest driver adds support for new devices so likely the cause, but if it was working before with no bugs, why update,

lardbros
08-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Unfortunately I'm stuck between two driver versions.
10.4.4 where LightWave works perfectly, but 3dsmax 2017 doesnt work... Or 10.4.5 and above, where new 3dsmax versions work, but LightWave doesn't. :)
Not any ideal available options for me.

Markc
01-29-2018, 04:38 AM
My SpaceNavigator actually works 'nicely' in modeler 2018.0.1 after a few tweaks.
Also works damn well in Layout (I had to uncheck/check allow navigation).
This is the first time it's actually worked for me in LW :D

ElusiveElephant
01-29-2018, 05:40 AM
On win 10 I seem to have issues. Layout and Modeller seem to lose focus all the time... Skype will steal its focus, so will Windows Explorer. That's with the latest 10.5.4 drivers :(

lardbros
01-29-2018, 05:43 AM
On win 10 I seem to have issues. Layout and Modeller seem to lose focus all the time... Skype will steal its focus, so will Windows Explorer. That's with the latest 10.5.4 drivers :(

Yep, exactly the same here unfortunately (with Win 10 and latest drivers). It loses which application I'm using and gets stuck on windows explorer all the time. Will be rolling back to 10.4.3 again soon.

Markc
01-29-2018, 06:19 AM
I am still on 10.4.3.
I looked at the change logs for the new versions and didn’t see any specific updates that would benefit me.
Plus 3d Coat just works without changing any settings at all.

lardbros
01-29-2018, 09:00 AM
I am still on 10.4.3.
I looked at the change logs for the new versions and didn’t see any specific updates that would benefit me.
Plus 3d Coat just works without changing any settings at all.

Yeah, I use 3ds Max though and that version doesn't work with it. I will just roll back anyway and sit and wait for 3d Connexion to sort it out.

gerry_g
01-29-2018, 01:29 PM
On a Mac in 10.12.6 / 2018 it works really great in Modeller (rendering so can't check Layout), open the drop down 'Edit' select 'Navigation Options' choose your input device (mine just list as a letter and number string, not by its name) and twerk the settings, I set my percentage to %1000 for each parameter and sensitivity to a %100, but then I'm used to a tablet which is way faster than a mouse for tumbling and nav, you may find this overkill if your are more used to a mouse

CaptainMarlowe
01-29-2018, 02:54 PM
On a Mac in 10.12.6 / 2018 it works really great in Modeller (rendering so can't check Layout), open the drop down 'Edit' select 'Navigation Options' choose your input device (mine just list as a letter and number string, not by its name) and twerk the settings, I set my percentage to %1000 for each parameter and sensitivity to a %100, but then I'm used to a tablet which is way faster than a mouse for tumbling and nav, you may find this overkill if your are more used to a mouse

My 3D mouse works fine for me also since last update, both in modeler and layout. I have a Mac on High Sierra.