PDA

View Full Version : How to add third M/E layer in AE - Tricaster Mini HD-4SDI?

scottvacek
04-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Hi all--

I'm just getting up and running in AE on my Tricaster Mini HD 4-SDI, and want to set up a three-layer M/E...but under default in the list of presets, I have only 2-layer available. Please don't tell me I have to buy another software product from Newtek to make this happen....

Is the capability already built in to my TC with AE as-is?

Help. Thanks so much...

scott

Red Dog Records
04-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Hi Scott,

I believe the Mini can only handle up to 2 layers in an M/E - even with AE.
Only the 460 and higher get the additional layers.
BUT, you can bring in additional sources using the DSKs. This is how we did it on our 460 before moving to AE.
Just assign camera 3 to one of the DSKs, adjust the size as needed and you are set!

I know it was a big investment, but I think you will like AE, especially once you get your NDI issues worked out.

Hang in there and good luck!

Andrew

ps - here is the info from the AE product page: (https://www.newtek.com/tricaster/advanced-edition/in-depth/)

DSK and KEY Overlays
Display more titles, graphics, and video layers on TriCaster 860 and 460 with more than triple the overlay effects channels—the switcher now supports 4 DSK overlays and each M/E now includes 4 KEY layers.

Second KEY Layer
Create more sophisticated visuals with TriCaster 410 and Mini—each M/E now includes a second KEY layer to apply titles, graphics, and video overlays.

scottvacek
04-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Thanks RD....I was afraid of that. Thanks for the DSK workaround. In the mean time I'll have to get more aggressive on my 460.

scott

JPulera
04-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Hi Scott,

When you add the third (or fourth) layer to an M/E using M/E Keyer(s), check the box for Augmented Reality, and then that layer will move with the set when zooming and panning!

Of course, this is not exactly the same as having a TriCaster with 4-Layer sets, but works pretty darn well.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers