PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave won't start...

dalang13
04-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Hello... need some help urgently. Hopefully someone else has encountered this problem and has a solution. I was working in layout (2015.3 on windows 10) and had some problems with TFD not calculating so I shut layout down and restarted my computer. After that every time I clicked on the layout icon on the task bar I got the blue loading wheel for two seconds and then nothing. I tried clearing my configs and still encountered the same problem so I uninstalled and reinstalled and am still having the problem. I've tried shutting down Mcafee but nothing seems to work. In the middle of a project so this is a pretty big problem... thanks in advance.

dalang13
04-16-2017, 11:23 AM
I have found a temporary solution to avoid screwing this job which was installing 2015.2 which works fine but, obviously, I'd prefer to have 2015.3 working so and solutions would still be greatly appreciated!

Dillon
04-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Sounds like a config corruption issue.

Locate the lw.cfg and lwm.cfg files and remove them from the lightwave install folder.

Restart lightwave. It will write new config files for you.

This will mean that you'll have to reset any personalized settings you made.

I have found a temporary solution to avoid screwing this job which was installing 2015.2 which works fine but, obviously, I'd prefer to have 2015.3 working so and solutions would still be greatly appreciated!

magiclight
04-17-2017, 03:05 AM
But he said he deleted the config files and that didn't help, but make sure you actuallly did delete all the files, uninstalling/reinstalling will not help, uninstall does not remove the config files, they are not in the install folder, on Windows they are in something like c:\Users\some_fanzy_name\.NewTek\LightWave\2015.3\ .