PDA

View Full Version : Moving 3d people

THIBAULT
04-16-2017, 04:45 AM
Hi all,
Problem here after Anima 2.5 export. All is good in Lightwave when i open DAE, coordinate perfect ! But if i merge my scene layer with 3d people in another scene, coordinate as reset to 0 and i can't move 3D Anima people with MDD.
Any idea ?
Thanks

Sensei
04-16-2017, 04:55 AM
But if i merge my scene layer with 3d people in another scene, coordinate as reset to 0 and i can't move 3D Anima people with MDD.

MDD are relative/absolute offsets from base mesh.
They're stored one by one. In unique order.
Any mesh operation, even the simplest delete point, changes indexes of the all further points, rendering MDD file useless.

THIBAULT
04-16-2017, 05:02 AM
Thanks Sensei ! No solution to move Anima 3D peolple on my scene ? Anima become totaly unusable !

Sensei
04-16-2017, 05:04 AM
Thanks Sensei ! No solution to move Anima 3D peolple on my scene ? Anima become totaly unusable !

No solution? Simply don't modify geometry of objects with MDD applied..

THIBAULT
04-16-2017, 05:07 AM
It's Ok ! I don't modify geometry of objects. I just want move mu 3D people where i want, and i can't !

Sensei
04-16-2017, 05:13 AM
You didn't use "Save Scene To Object" or similar tools Scene2Model etc. scripts/plugins (they're for merging many objects to single object)?
If you didn't, then what do you meant by " if i merge my scene layer with 3d people in another scene," ?
How your merging was different from f.e. using Load Object Layer.. ?

THIBAULT
04-16-2017, 05:30 AM
I think you don't understand, it's my english, sorry.
1 - making caracters with motion in Anima 2.5 - good
2 - Export to collada DAE scene - good
3 - Open collada scene in Layout - good
4 - Apply MDD to caracters in Layout - good
5 - Saving LW scene - good
6 - Open as layer my caracters scene in my production scene - good
7 - Trying to move caracters in my production scene to adjust posion for exemple - FAILS
I can't move my caracters in my scene ! It's my problem !

Sensei
04-16-2017, 05:35 AM
I would start from going to displacement tab of your character, open node and see whether the all settings are the way they should be.. Starting from path to MDD file, whether it's accessible.

THIBAULT
04-16-2017, 05:51 AM
It's Ok Sensei ! Thanks very much ! The problem come with word or object coordinate ! Selected Object coordiante and it's OK !