PDA

View Full Version : Ann: VRScientist - Getting Serious about VR

ConjureBunny
04-15-2017, 11:28 PM

Hi,

I am extremely happy to report that VRScientist is now online.

Sometime around 2012 I remember reading about the first Oculus Rift, and talking to a fellow LightWaver named Ron about the future of VR storytelling. There would be hardware needed to make it possible, and then software to make it possible, and then, there were tools that would still be needed to make it good. That's what Ron emphasized--the tools to make VR movies *better* weren't there yet.

Well the first two categories exist all over the place now. So I'm happy to announce my submission for the third category.

VRScientist lets you analyze and inspect your VR renders and still photos. You can inspect them for artifacts and mistakes, and easily compare two VR images instantly either on your normal screen (laptop or desktop), or in the headset of your choosing.

The idea is simplicity and speed, above all else. Improve the artist's workflow, and help them tell a better story. This works with Octane, Ubercam, Advanced Camera, Environment Baking Camera, you name it. Mac and PC, supports desktop with no HMD or either Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.

http://liberty3d.com/vrscientist

As always, I'm curious what you think, and if you have any suggestions for features I didn't include.

The first update will likely include OSVR support and possibly movie playback with scrubbing. That's as much of a roadmap as I have at the moment :)

Thank you!
-Chilton Webb

jwiede
04-16-2017, 04:57 PM
Looks great, purchased!

ConjureBunny
04-16-2017, 08:19 PM
Looks great, purchased!

Thanks John!

More where that came from. I have so, so many plans :)

-Chilton

jwiede
04-18-2017, 10:33 AM
YW! I'm hoping to give it a thorough workout this weekend, will let you know how it goes.