PDA

View Full Version : Connecting with NDI Scan Connverter

Claude_bou
04-09-2017, 06:35 AM
Hi,
We have a 50% rate of success when trying to connect with our laptops over LAN using NDI Scan Converter.
To be more precise, I should say I think we are connected to TC because we see the name of the laptop as an NDI source but the screen is black whatever we are showing over the laptop screen.
The laptop is also connected to a projector.
Very frustating situation knowing that all component respect Newtek spec.
Did any one encountered the same behavior from NDI Scan Converter?
Any help will be appreciate.

Claude

TC460
AE2
All upgrade are up to date
Laptop I5, 8g of RAM
Network Cables are brand new

livepad
04-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Hi,
We have a 50% rate of success when trying to connect with our laptops over LAN using NDI Scan Converter.
To be more precise, I should say I think we are connected to TC because we see the name of the laptop as an NDI source but the screen is black whatever we are showing over the laptop screen.
The laptop is also connected to a projector.
Very frustating situation knowing that all component respect Newtek spec.
Did any one encountered the same behavior from NDI Scan Converter?
Any help will be appreciate.

Claude

TC460
AE2
All upgrade are up to date
Laptop I5, 8g of RAM
Network Cables are brand new

Hi Claude.

There are 3 likely answers:

1) Your network connection is very slow, which is possible particularly if you are using WIFI, although you might expect to get *some* frames, even at a very low frame rate

2) Its possible that your laptops are not able to get the image data from the GPU. So frames are passing but they are empty

3) Another more likely answer is a firewall on your laptops or somewhere between them. It's most likely possible for NDI to fire up and register the NDI source using mDNS, but for the laptop to block incoming requests from the other laptop.

You might want to start by turning off the firewall on both laptops and see if that solves it.

Red Dog Records
04-09-2017, 02:53 PM
One other item to check...
What source have you selected on the laptop? There should be a 'check mark' next to 'desktop' or any application you want to transmit through NDI Scan Converter.

Andrew

Claude_bou
04-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Thank you very much for your feedback livepad.
1)The Network connection are not WIFI (never) always wire connect and definitely hight speed. The network switch is hight speed to, just bought it and made sure I had a fast one.

2)If GPU is the problem, why is it working some time but not on other time.

3)I will look at existing firewall and disable it if there's any.

Thanks again

Claude_bou
04-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Hi Red Dog Records,
Always selecting the PPT or the desk top as the source.
And again, sometime it work and sometime not.

Thanks for your feedback
Claude

kanep
04-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Does this laptop have dual GPUs (like nVidia and Intel graphics)? If so, try setting the system only use one GPU and see if that helps. Sometimes this can be set in the BIOS, but more commonly you might need to set it in the control panel for the graphics card.