PDA

View Full Version : I've noticed

~DD~Apocalypse
12-17-2003, 06:35 PM
That i suck. I can't make anything look real and i can make anything i want. Sure i can screw around with things and make it look relatively like the object, but nothing anyone would be able to recognize. I tried to turn anti-ailing and i didnt see any difference in the smoth parts.i still saw all the polys. What would be a good thing to try to make for a noob?

Wade
12-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Something you know well and care about something simple as well.

Suede
12-18-2003, 01:23 AM
I think you should go through some tutorials. This is the best collection I know of:

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm

And one important think is Don't rush. That's was my major problem, I thougt everything took an hour to model and and hour to animate:D

Happy Modelling and Merry Christmas

Malorie
12-18-2003, 06:12 AM
So what is a reasonable time for a newbee?

I only ask because I seem to be in the same boat. I come here and look at some of the stuff that people do and can't believe it. I see full characters get created, rigged, and animated in a week. I realize that some of you guys spend a lot of time at this, but it takes me FOREVER+ to make even a simple character. Then it takes me FOREVER to rig it. The character I'm using for my avatar took me an entire winter to build and rig and he is still lightyears from where I would like him to be. Granted he was my first 3D character, but still.

I guess I just need to spend a bunch of time hammering out a bunch of failures just to get to know the process.

Sorry for the rant, just a bit frustrated. :D

Malorie

Wade
12-18-2003, 08:00 AM
If you know and care about your subject you will work with it until you get it right. 3D is deep stuff it takes time start small with something that you are passionate about and keep at it. Hard to say who long it might take. I have made a 8 poly bird in a matter of seconds that I really liked and have work weeks ( full time ) on a buidling that I thought was awfull.

Below is a link showing some improvement I made over the two or so years useing LW.

Take heart and keep at it you have come to the right place.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14130

CMP 2003
12-18-2003, 12:05 PM
Weel,....for your simpler problems like seeing polys, after you subpatch turn smoothing on, its the only way to acheive a smooth texture without multiplying polys, like subpatch and freeze.

So Turn smoothing on under the surface editor, it will help alot

Ps. AA is just to reduce the look of pixels on the edges of your object.