PDA

View Full Version : model turning dark

Alan Safewood
04-06-2017, 03:01 AM
Hi

Iīve made a model in Modeler, but it is turning the wrong way - to the back - not forward.
Is this a problem if I want to animate it?

I have tried to turn it around 180 degrees to make it look forward, but then it seems like the light is dimmer
coming from the top and make the model look much darker. I didīt know there was a light i Modeler - just some kind of ambience...

Its such a silly question - just wanted to get a quick fix from you.

Regards
Alan

adrian
04-06-2017, 03:35 AM
Can you post a picture of what you mean? Have you tried flipping the polygons (press f), maybe some of the faces are facing inwards? There are no lights as such in Modeler.

ernpchan
04-06-2017, 03:37 AM
Animation is done in Layout so you should be fine as long as your model is along a logical axis. For example, if you're making a jet you'd want it to face towards positive z.

Alan Safewood
04-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Thanks a lot. No it was not a problem...
I have rigged a character with Genoma 2, but when I send it to Layout there is no bones or anything to start animating it.
Is there something I should turn on to make the genoma rig be visible so I can animate it?

There is actually not a Genoma button in Layout. Di I have to add it as a plugin or something?

Regards
Rune

djwaterman
04-11-2017, 02:29 AM
I can't believe no one answered this yet. I've only used Genoma once a while back, but in Layout you should find the create rig button under the Setup tab, down near the bottom there's a Genoma section with Create rig and Update rig.

Sensei
04-11-2017, 03:02 AM
Iīve made a model in Modeler, but it is turning the wrong way - to the back - not forward.
Is this a problem if I want to animate it?

I have tried to turn it around 180 degrees to make it look forward, but then it seems like the light is dimmer
coming from the top and make the model look much darker. I didīt know there was a light i Modeler - just some kind of ambience...

Its such a silly question - just wanted to get a quick fix from you.

From what you wrote here it sounds like flipping normal vectors...
Also if quad polygon has one point with the same position as other, and looks like triangle, normal vector calculating routine could produce wrong result. And it results in having such darker/black polygons.
What happens if you flip polygons using 'f' key in Modeler. Does it change anything?

Try Merge Points, and Unify Polys in Modeler. Do you have any points mentioned merged and polygons unified by these tools?

Alan Safewood
04-11-2017, 04:49 AM
Attached is what my menu looks like.
Is has fallen out! :-)

I have tried the Cvt Skelegons button, and it makes a skelegon.

I just wonder where the Genoma button is.
Itīs Lightwave 11.6. Is it not in this version?

Alan Safewood
04-11-2017, 04:59 AM
The Cvt Skelegons just make the skeletons and not the controllers...
But Iīve turned the "Headlight" on to make the objekt lighter from all angels.

prometheus
04-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Attached is what my menu looks like.
Is has fallen out! :-)

I have tried the Cvt Skelegons button, and it makes a skelegon.

I just wonder where the Genoma button is.
Itīs Lightwave 11.6. Is it not in this version?

"The Object"
"Angles" :):) and please shoot back when I miss :)

There is no light in modeler,(at least not one you can control) so when you speak of getting dark, do you mean in modeler or i layout? if itīs in layout ? itīs because you had to rotate camera so the light isnīt lighting it correct.

as for modeler if it is dark, it may be due to the surface channels not set properly, and with import of characters that could happen, Always check the diffuse channel so it is 100%

As for Genoma, Genoma setup is only available in modeler, and yes..also in lighwave 11.6, it was introduced in 11.5.

cvt skelegons isnīt something you should use here with genoma, cvt skelegons is when you create bones in modeler the old way.

Genoma should be located in modeler/setup tab and right under fiberfx..you should have a tab called Genoma and genoma presets, click on that and you get a modular window to select genoma rigs, ...select a rig and apply it, preferably you should do this on another layer than your model mesh, and pose it with background layer active, you do have to merge the two layers or cut and paste the genoma layer to the mesh layer before sending it to layout..of course you need to save your object as well, once in layout you need to go to layouts setup tab, and far down you should have a genoma meny and a button called create rig, thatīs the one you should hit...note, it will take a bit of time for layout to go through the setup and initialize the rig.

Edited...ah, your menu has fallen out it seems, go to edit/edit menu layout, search for Genoma, the first result should be genoma preset, hit the search button again..and I think the Create_genoma command should show up, you can then assign it to the setup tab in layout, a search of create_GENOMA_Rig should do as well, itīs very case sensitive though.
select the command on the left side in the edit menu, then click on the place you want it in at the right side of the edit menu and click add

prometheus
04-11-2017, 11:48 AM

You could also simply use an ambient light, It can be found in the properties of any light or simply enter the render globals panel, you can set the ambient intensity, it isnīt connected to any light..but works on the whole scene, and you can set any value with sliders.
There is a difference between ambient light and headlight, the headlight has only one strength unlike the ambient light, and the headlight is only visible in opengl and doesnīt affect your renders, unlike ambient light which affects the rendered image.. but It can have any strength.