PDA

View Full Version : Damn, things are changing fast

Dillon
04-05-2017, 05:42 AM
Adobe has developed an AI assisted algorithm/program that does some astounding image processing.

http://newatlas.com/adobe-makes-progress-ai-retouching/48690/

This makes me ponder what AI can potentially do for the 3D animator / generalist. I'm thinking an AI infused LightWave ....

50one
04-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Adobe has developed an AI assisted algorithm/program that does some astounding image processing.

http://newatlas.com/adobe-makes-progress-ai-retouching/48690/

This makes me ponder what AI can potentially do for the 3D animator / generalist. I'm thinking an AI infused LightWave ....

This could peobably affext how the undo works.

LOL

Dillon
04-05-2017, 08:09 AM
ouch ... lol

This could peobably affext how the undo works.

LOL

ncr100
04-05-2017, 02:45 PM
(Free) implementation, if you'd like to add it to the image processing pipeline of your preferred image processing software: https://github.com/luanfujun/deep-photo-styletransfer

Ernest
04-05-2017, 03:11 PM
The absolutely obvious use in our field would be rigging. A properly trained AI would have no problem finding fingers, toes, tails, etc. and filling them with appropriate bones. Retargeting also seems like an easy target for deep learning. Auto retopo would probably be ridiculously good in a limited number of frequent model types. A little farther from home, photogrammetry also seems to be ideally suited for deep learning. If we're thinking of something closer to what Adobe is doing, then feed it an image and it will create the lights to match the image's lighting, but that's a bit useless since we can just use the image itself for lighting.

Dillon
04-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Exactly along my line of thought.

The absolutely obvious use in our field would be rigging. A properly trained AI would have no problem finding fingers, toes, tails, etc. and filling them with appropriate bones. Retargeting also seems like an easy target for deep learning. Auto retopo would probably be ridiculously good in a limited number of frequent model types. A little farther from home, photogrammetry also seems to be ideally suited for deep learning. If we're thinking of something closer to what Adobe is doing, then feed it an image and it will create the lights to match the image's lighting, but that's a bit useless since we can just use the image itself for lighting.

shrox
04-06-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm scared.

Spinland
04-08-2017, 12:51 PM

Yes, all this. Less drudgework, more creative time. :jam: