PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Pro anyone?

lucca65
12-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Has anyone conquered the shuttling problem in VT3 edit with the Shuttle Pro controller? I remember seeing a post for a script that would allow smoother shuttle control, I tried it, but it didn't work.

Better yet, does anybody have a list of settings that they use, or what works best for them when using the controller?

I am hoping the designers of the shuttle eventually design a preset for toaster edit.

It works like a charm in premiere pro.

Thanks

lucca

bradl
12-20-2003, 12:12 AM
Aussie/Paul - How close to releasing Shuttle Pro support that has been worked on by Aussie now for a year or more?

Jim Capillo
12-20-2003, 12:57 AM
I believe I was the one who sent you the script, but it was for the V2, not V1 - right?

It is easy to setup your own commands - if you don't have the book, go to their website and d/l the latest software and also get the pdf files for the manual.

It's as easy as selecting the button and then setting your keystroke(s) for VT operation.

lucca65
12-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the help.

I am pretty comfy setting the buttons with keystrokes, but the shuttling isn't smooth by using the key shorts. There was a toasterscript posted a while ago assigning the function keys different playing, and fast forward/rewind settings.

The idea was then to map the function keys in the shuttle setup.
I tried the script, but it didn't work, I must have something setup wrong.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar setup, rather than just programming the shift + arrow keys for shuttling.

Thanks

lucca

bradl
12-21-2003, 03:07 PM
I originally posted the TScript hard shuttle speed shortcuts to map to Shuttle Pro. I have not fooled with it since then, but it is still working for me. I consider it a workaround at best and really would like to see true driver support from Newtek.

Scott Bates
12-21-2003, 10:06 PM
I'm using your script Brad and it's working fine for the shuttle speed functions. Only problem I found is that the Hard Stop doesn't work, it either brings up the keyboard shortcuts help list or puts focus on the switcher. Not really a problem, I just programmed the space bar Play/Stop toggle on one of the buttons.