PDA

View Full Version : schematic view and null item shape problems

scratch33
04-03-2017, 02:40 AM
Hi,

In LW2015.3, I have an issue in schematic view. If I create some null with item shape on it. I can't move more than one object at a time.
To move several objects in schematic view you must select objects then clic on an empty space and drag. When I click on the empty space all objects are deselected and the last one become selected.
Very strange issue because if I remove all the item shapes of the nulls, it works again. Tried this issue in LW11.6 but all is ok.
I have deleted lw.cfg file but don't works.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

Francesco

Sensei
04-03-2017, 04:28 AM
I tried with plain lwo object loaded straight from disk, in fresh scene,
and can move just one item in schematic view at a time.
I have reported it to NewTek.

scratch33
04-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Thanks Sensei,

Big problem for me. If I can't use a shape and a legend for the null objects, this is a big big waste of time because I have a lot of null to play with.

:-(

DigitalDeuce
04-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Hi,

In LW2015.3, I have an issue in schematic view. If I create some null with item shape on it. I can't move more than one object at a time.

I can - just hold down the ALT key while moving.

Middle mouse can multi-select - hold down ALT - and move all selected.

scratch33
04-03-2017, 08:56 AM
I can - just hold down the ALT key while moving.

Middle mouse can multi-select - hold down ALT - and move all selected.

Multi select is ok. But ALT don't move the items but all the view.

And Moving selected items works only if you don't have nulls with item shape in the scene

VermilionCat
04-03-2017, 09:01 AM
This is a known issue and reported as soon as .3 was released.

tburbage
04-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Multi select is ok. But ALT don't move the items but all the view.

And Moving selected items works only if you don't have nulls with item shape in the scene

I think you're right -- seems like those custom shapes throw off viewport bounding box/picking ... or something. Check that out Deuce.

With multiple cameras, or lights, or plain nulls, multiple select/move seems to work fine.

jwiede
04-07-2017, 02:45 AM
This is a known issue and reported as soon as .3 was released.

Let's just hope the fix made it into LW.Next. If LW3DG knew shortly after .3 was released, it definitely should be fixed in LW.Next.

VermilionCat
04-07-2017, 03:26 AM
Let's just hope the fix made it into LW.Next. If LW3DG knew shortly after .3 was released, it definitely should be fixed in LW.Next.
Yeah, it will be incredible if it wouldn't be fixed. I personally use schematic a lot so it's been a real pain working in this environment.

scratch33
04-10-2017, 05:24 AM
Ok, cool, same problem creating a particle emiter. Sooooo happy...
I think I will downgrade to lw2015.2.
:(

Sensei
04-10-2017, 05:36 AM
Get VirtualDub, Camtasia or similar app, and record everything related to error you're observing from the beginning, in fresh scene..
I doubt Deuce even understand what you're experiencing, as he closed bug report immediately.
You need to show him everything on video..

scratch33
04-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Here is a very quick video. First part shows how it works normaly.
Second part shows how it works if you ad an item shape to a null item.
It looks like one of the null is always selected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhuicWRQvk

jwiede
04-10-2017, 10:05 AM
I think you're right -- seems like those custom shapes throw off viewport bounding box/picking ... or something. Check that out Deuce.

With multiple cameras, or lights, or plain nulls, multiple select/move seems to work fine.

BTW, I can confirm the described misbehavior occurs on LW2015.3 Mac.

Jarno
04-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Let's just hope the fix made it into LW.Next.

It is. And it was indeed an issue with custom shape drawing throwing off the bounding boxes in the schematic view.

---JvdL---

jwiede
04-11-2017, 10:44 AM
It is. And it was indeed an issue with custom shape drawing throwing off the bounding boxes in the schematic view.

Jarno, thanks for the confirmation (and description)!