PDA

View Full Version : LW 8 at macworld!?!?!??

archiea
12-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't it be kewl?!?!? Wouldn't it be just what we all asked Santa for? You all still believe in Snata, right?!?!?

Beamtracer
12-17-2003, 05:42 PM
That would be a good idea, though I don't think it would happen. You're more likely to see Brad Peebler from "that other company" strutting around on the stage with Steve Jobs.

I'd really like to see someone from Newtek up there, though. The Mac users would be cheering if that happened.

archiea
12-17-2003, 05:52 PM
yeah, proton towering over steve would be really amusing!!! :D

Jirapong
12-17-2003, 05:55 PM
That's not gonna happen. Two days ago, ther was aguy posting about two weeks lft for LW8 due date. Por guy, he is waiting for his pre-order. Poorer Newtek, his post was removed just in the same day.
Shame, but it is for public security, maybe?

riki
12-17-2003, 10:29 PM
How does it effect public security?

Ade
12-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Onve when Apple released the first dual g4's they bought Newtek on stage to show off LW7 for osx and dual support, that was a great macworld.

Beamtracer
12-18-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Ade
Onve when Apple released the first dual g4's they bought Newtek on stage to show off LW7 for osx and dual support, that was a great macworld.

Newtek should do this again. MacWorld SF would be a great place to release LW8.

I'd like to see Chuck do the honors and go on stage with Mr Jobs.

newtekmonkey
12-18-2003, 05:38 AM
I heard Apple bought a large portion of Alias (if not the whole company).

Does anyone know how true this might be, cause they do seem to put alot of PR Maya's way

Beamtracer
12-18-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by newtekmonkey
I heard Apple bought a large portion of Alias (if not the whole company). I don't think it's true. Where did you hear it? None of the Mac websites are carrying this rumor. I think we would know it if it was true.

It would be interesting if it did happen though. Apple would leave Alias's UNIX customers alone, but they would force Windows users to either install a UNIX flavored OS on their x86 boxes, or buy a Mac.

archiea
12-18-2003, 05:49 AM
heh, they might as well, all I see is Apple and maya when it comes to 3D on the mac...

Actually, they wouldn't have to release 8 at MW.. I'm all for NT taking the time that they need... they've been through alot and are hard at work. Remember they are on our team, so lets be their cheerleaders.. What I am for is the 8 demos that they were giving before, being done of G5's at the show. If its released in Feb, then it is.. point is to get word out to the community that there are two 3D packages on the mac, not one...

I got the PLE for maya 5.. what a great package. While alot can be said about NT's extensive tutorials, its really something getting this package in the mail, with a DVD and a little booklet outlining the basics of Maya... Proton this is right up your alley... While NT has content regarding tutorials, they should work on the delivery.. maya has the PLE both as a Dl and as a mail in... We barely have the Discovery edition....

Ok, enough on that....

newtekmonkey
12-18-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
I don't think it's true. Where did you hear it? None of the Mac websites are carrying this rumor. I think we would know it if it was true.

I heard from an animator I know, not an official source I know, but it was shortly before hearing that Pixar were switching to OSX and phasing out their SGi boxes.

newtekmonkey
12-18-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by archiea
heh, they might as well, all I see is Apple and maya when it comes to 3D on the mac...

While alot can be said about NT's extensive tutorials, its really something getting this package in the mail, with a DVD and a little booklet outlining the basics of Maya... Proton this is right up your alley... While NT has content regarding tutorials, they should work on the delivery.. maya has the PLE both as a Dl and as a mail in... We barely have the Discovery edition...

Don't mean to be rude considering I'm on a Newtek Site, but you're not wrong about the Maya tuorials. They are so easy to follow as flash movies rather that reams of text or hyper fast quicktime movies...

Just gonna wash my hands now I've finished typing

Ade
12-18-2003, 06:42 AM
Maya is hardly dual cpu savvy...
If anything theyll announce a Maya unlimmited package to get on par with x86.

I want this macworld to be the one that shows Newteks alliance with Apple and their dedication to the platform...

The more they make us drool the more we buy their apps..

archiea
12-18-2003, 06:51 AM
You lost me there Monkey... my point was in Alias' delivery of the whole package.... You get the program for PC/mac, a DVD and a booklet. For LW, you have to dl & sort the videos and hunt for the dicovery edition.

newtekmonkey
12-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by archiea
You lost me there Monkey... my point was in Alias' delivery of the whole package.... You get the program for PC/mac, a DVD and a booklet. For LW, you have to dl & sort the videos and hunt for the dicovery edition.

Sorry, didn't see it that way, even tho, their tutorials are better.

Sorry (I can feel my enemies closing) Love LW tho. Hoorah!!!:D