PDA

View Full Version : I have a dream !!!

rednova
03-30-2017, 07:22 PM
Hi:

What I am : I am a hobbyist animator, teaching myself to become animator.
What my goal is : I want to become animator, then produce cgi movies for television.
What my dream is : My dream is to make enough money so I can hire a team
of freelance lightwavers, to produce cgi movies for television.
And to pay the freelancers triple what they usually charge, and give them
triple the time they need.
Even if is very far off, this dream is not entirely impossible.
If I can come up with good movies, is possible I can succeed.
So, that is my dream :)

Any thoughts ?

roboman
03-30-2017, 09:48 PM
TV is suffering from a slow death. You can also look at it a different way, that it's becoming something else. Cable services let you watch 'tv' on nearly any thing that has a display. Not only that, they let you watch it any time you want. Then there are the ever growing list of video services, every thing from Netflicks to Youtube to the big three and others, that let you stream video. You aren't stuck making a show that is a set amount of min and don't need to have it ready at an exact time every week. Seems like a great time to do something like that. You have more freedom and less controls on you then any other time. That and better tools.

Shawn Farrell
03-31-2017, 03:35 AM
Go for it have fun. - S

Scazzino
03-31-2017, 09:44 AM
No time like now. Start creating and start posting! You have the world at your fingertips with the WWW.

prometheus
04-01-2017, 05:59 AM
Hi:

What I am : I am a hobbyist animator, teaching myself to become animator.
What my goal is : I want to become animator, then produce cgi movies for television.
What my dream is : My dream is to make enough money so I can hire a team
of freelance lightwavers, to produce cgi movies for television.
And to pay the freelancers triple what they usually charge, and give them
triple the time they need.
Even if is very far off, this dream is not entirely impossible.
If I can come up with good movies, is possible I can succeed.
So, that is my dream :)

Any thoughts ?

What are you doing for you living today? do you have a work in the 3d field today, or a work not related to anything artistic? or not working?

For acheiving doing your "own" movies, you would need a good idea for a movie...check biogenisis, find ways to put your movie idea in to paper or storyboard, and it simply needs to be interesting to other people and take note
of how people reacts to your idea, then get up and running with concept art..yourself or get someone to paint it for you, look for crowd funding etc.

A question would be, what would your role be, what would you excel in that will bring magic to the screen so to speak, does it mean you would have to be very skilled in various 3d areas, or compositing, scripting..storyboard, concept art...where can you jump in, and where should you not jump in etc..and how much time would you need for this to be feasable?

One good thing though, you do not need a company initially to invest ..for a short or for concepts ..with the web and videochannels available, if you can draw attractions to your various channels and conceptual ideas, it may be likely so that a larger production company contacts you..or steal your ideas :)

For some inspiration...Erik Wernquist, a guy living in the suburbs of stockholm not that far away from me, cooked this short up (with some others) he has used lightwave from time to time (http://www.erikwernquist.com/files/Resume_Erik_Wernquist_Character_Animator.pdf)

And it shows up some good 3d artist work and movie short making, as well as embodying and depicting some dreams many of us has with that beautiful narrated inspirational Carl Sagan voice that echos in space and dreams.

Also visit his page, and the gallery sections, itīs not just gallery images, it is behind the scenes descriptions as well..http://www.erikwernquist.com/wanderers/gallery.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3c1QZzRK4

Just some thoughts.