PDA

View Full Version : B/W Grayscale

mwh710
03-30-2017, 02:10 PM
One of my students wants to start his 60 second PSA to start in grayscale, then morph into color as the scene progresses. Ideas anyone?

kopperdrake
03-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Deleted - wrong thread :/

sk810
03-30-2017, 05:36 PM
Hopefully your able to render then put it in any video editing software. Render it all in color. Import footage into edit software. Drop footage in the timline then use the blade tool to cut the clip where you want the middle of the transition to start. Then add a transition there. Then just add a desatureate filter or a black and white filter on the first part of the footage before the transition. This is the best way because you can adjust you transition point easily without re-rendering your scene in LW.

If you want to do it in LW only, you would probably use "Image Processing" panel Control+F8. There you would add an envelope to the Color saturation. i woudn't recommend this method if there scene takes a while to render.

Sensei
03-31-2017, 12:40 AM
One of my students wants to start his 60 second PSA to start in grayscale, then morph into color as the scene progresses. Ideas anyone?

I assume, you don't want to use 3rd party applications for post-processing.. ?

You can place fake 100% transparent plane between camera and scene. Switch off cast shadow,receive shadow.
In Node Editor cast ray to scene in the same direction as original Spot Info Ray Dir, from Spot Info Ray Origin/World Spot.
Plug it to Diffuse Shading in Make Material.
And then to Material in Surface.
Once you have such use TrueArt's Node Library http://www.trueart.eu
Grey Material node.
And use Material Mixer node between grey version of ray-traced material and normal ray-traced material.

mwh710
04-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Thanks all, I think my student can handle it from here...