PDA

View Full Version : Raidal Planar Texture?

Chrusion
03-23-2017, 11:09 AM
Is there a shader plugin or node setup that takes a square or rectangular image and maps it on to planar, co-axial polys, but instead of tiled in a grid, like native planar texture mapping does, it tiles the image radially? Meaning, ALL the pixels in the bottom row of an image (times the number of "spokes" selected) would be squished down into one point, the radial origin -- the way spherically mapping piles up all the pixels along the top and bottom edges in the image at the pole points -- and progressively "fans" out pixels the further away from the center.

Chrusion
03-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Following up: Yes, I've tried DP_Kit's Mapping > Radial and Layers Plus node, BUT, though I can set the number of "spokes" (repeated image tiles radially) using the X texture scale (when using Y as the projection axis), I do not see a way to set the repetitively of the image extending out from the center (such as using the Z axis scale). The image appears to be stretched out to infinity.

Chrusion
03-23-2017, 11:38 AM
Nevermind... found the combo. Set Layer+ texture to Z, then adjust X and Y scales to get desired repetition.

jeric_synergy
03-23-2017, 08:10 PM
THANK YOU for following up with the solution.

It's always TERRIBLE, the WORST POSSIBLE THING ;) when someone abandons a thread and years later you poke 'em and they say "Oh yeah, I figured that out, now ...what was the solution.... dang, I forget." :D