PDA

View Full Version : NDI Connect with G2W, Adobe Connect

lance.a.simon
03-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Greetings,

I wonder if there's any support or hints for using NDI Connect Pro with either GoToWebinar and/or Adobe Connect? With some apps (Webex for example) the utility works perfectly, but with these two the webcam is not recognized. I am trying to get support from those vendors but they shun me once they discover I'm not using traditional webcam hardware.

Thank you!

Lance

PIZAZZ
03-23-2017, 08:16 AM
Use this product instead of Connect Pro

https://www.newtek.com/software/transmit/

Zane Condren
03-23-2017, 08:23 AM
Jef, is correct if you want to send NDI sources into apps looking for a Webcam you need NDI Transmit. One thing to note is many of these web conferencing products advertise "HD" but they typically max out at 720p so you may need to use Transmit to down convert it.

lance.a.simon
03-23-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm so sorry -- I meant NDI Transmit, not NDI Connect. I am using NDI Transmit. I will try lowering the resolution. Any other hints? Can/does someone at Newtek do testing with NDI Transmit and the major webinar platforms -- Webex, On24, G2W, Adobe? These systems do not (yet) accept RTMP feeds but they have great collaboration and reporting tools.

Thank you!

Zane Condren
03-23-2017, 09:00 AM
We have tested it with WebEx, GoToMeeting and GoToTraining/GoToWebinar and they work fine either using 480 or 720p. Note if you change the resolution in Transmit you need to restart most of the web conferencing applications.

lance.a.simon
03-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks, Zane. Yeah, going down to 480p helps a lot especially with GoToWebinar. But in general I'm finding that "NDI Transmit + Webinar Webcam" is really not a high-quality broadcast solution, especially with motion graphics it's just not smooth and reliable.

Do y'all know of any webinar systems (with chat, polls, reporting) that support a direct RTMP/RTSP stream? I'm talking with On24 but they want $12,000 per year!

Has anyone used this "webinar plugin for Wordpress"? They seem to support/ingest RTMP streams:
https://www.wpwebinarsystem.com/doc/how-to-install-wp-webinarsystem-pro/

Thanks so much as always,

Lance

kanep
03-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Can't you get 720p to work? I've used that with GoToTraining and it looks excellent. 480p is only SD resolution so the resolution isn't going to be that high.

lance.a.simon
03-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Kane,

Well, my experience so far is that even with 720p the quality through NDI Transmit is "very good but not excellent" -- scrolling items aren't perfectly smooth, detailed slides aren't very clear. The issue seems to be mostly with moving items. Not sure why, but that's what I'm seeing. RTMP streams seem significantly higher quality. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Lance

kanep
03-23-2017, 06:09 PM
I don't think you are missing anything. It's just the different between a higher bit rate stream with buffering to smooth things out and a much lower bit rate (and less buffered) VOIP connection that prioritizes real time communication.

lance.a.simon
03-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Yup that sounds exactly right, thanks!