PDA

View Full Version : simpler headset/plexgear..good enough for recording tutorials?

prometheus
03-18-2017, 06:14 AM
Hi folks..
I really need to get going and ge me a microphone so eventually I may be recording with sound for some minitutes.
I am wondering if a simpler headset like ...

Plexgear computerheadset SV-90, cost 11,35 $ , probably aimed at just chat and skype, but I suspect it would yield burky voice and noise?
Sennheiser PC-3 computerheadset, cost 34,05$

Those are headsets, not sure what to get here..or should I just get a standing mic instead for some reason?
To note..my apartment and the surroundings is usually very quit, I may have to shield the noise from the desktop computer though.

Thanks in advance for any input.

MichaelT
03-18-2017, 08:21 AM
Of the ones you listed.. Sennheiser absolutely. But I would recommend spending as much as you are comfortable spending, a headphone set is something you typically use for a long time. And you would want it to be both comfortable, and handle audio well. Go to a music store to get better choices. I have a usb based one, because it rids you of environmental interference noise. Like from screen, close power units, mobile transmitters etc..

prometheus
03-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Of the ones you listed.. Sennheiser absolutely. But I would recommend spending as much as you are comfortable spending, a headphone set is something you typically use for a long time. And you would want it to be both comfortable, and handle audio well. Go to a music store to get better choices. I have a usb based one, because it rids you of environmental interference noise. Like from screen, close power units, mobile transmitters etc..

Thanks Michael, the little more expensive sennheiser will probably be what I will look in to, and some other alternatives, though I won´t be spending any time traveling to music stores in the city just for that, to busy and I just want to be lazy and get one as close as I can...nearby Tyresö you know :)
So probably kjell company or teknikmagasinet, I think it may be too expensive for my needs to visit tyresö music.

prometheus
03-19-2017, 12:30 PM
Just got me the sennheiser I was speaking of, though more expensive than what I initially mentioned(45,40$) because this was the usb model..
some intitial changes in the sound settings for it to recognize the sennheiser mic, first initial recordings was way to noise, changed some recordings quality and various recording tools, so camstudio did ok, but I first tested with camtasia studio and the pcm audio format, so that was the noisy one, have to try again with mpg layer settings, as well as shielding off the computer while recording.

Just need to do some recordings and get up to speed with my english and do so with a few test recordings before going live with some mini tutes later, but at least I finally got the headset to prepare for no more vids without sound.