PDA

View Full Version : RDT Textures & Lightwave

korolev
03-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Hello,
Does anyone ever used RDT (www.real-displacement-textures.com) Textures with Lightwave?

Norka
03-14-2017, 05:03 PM
Oh yeah. Have all three. Great stuff. Can't wait for more to come out. Use some MegaScans too. What are your concerns? Worth the price?... They are. I think he has some a sample from each to try.

korolev
03-14-2017, 05:13 PM
I agree it is a very good product.I'm thinking of purchasing No.2 But i don't understand how to use the layers in the LW texturing (nodal) system. The guy has a setup for UE4, C4d and Vray but not for LW. Can you help?

jwiede
03-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Hello,
Does anyone ever used RDT (www.real-displacement-textures.com) Textures with Lightwave?

Yes, highly recommend, the quality is outstanding! I actually found them superior to MegaScans (at least until Quixel began offering 8MP MegaScans, anyway).

Which of the buffer types of the content is giving you trouble? Do you understand from a high-level the overall intended workflow w.r.t. UVs, tiling, the different buffers and how they hook together, etc.?

panphoto
05-01-2018, 03:32 AM
Yes, highly recommend, the quality is outstanding! I actually found them superior to MegaScans (at least until Quixel began offering 8MP MegaScans, anyway).

Which of the buffer types of the content is giving you trouble? Do you understand from a high-level the overall intended workflow w.r.t. UVs, tiling, the different buffers and how they hook together, etc.?

I see that there are 8 maps supplied with each RTD scan, some that don't have Octane-friendly inputs such as depth, AO and gloss. Do you have a simple scheme for allocating these maps in Octane? Any help greatly appreciated.