PDA

View Full Version : NDI Monitor for Stage display?

kracklow
03-13-2017, 10:17 AM
I am working on setting up a monitor for the presenter so we can do a shot with the speaker on stage so they can interact with the display on stage for presenting purposes.

I want to use NDI monitor to pick up the output, we are purchasing an Intel NUC with Windows 10 to have a direct connection to our network but don't want to have to start the app and manually click to make it full screen. Is there is CLI I can use when we autostart NDI monitor to make it full screen on start up? I assume it will automatically pick up the previously selected NDI source. Which in this case would be an output from our Tricaster 860.

SBowie
03-13-2017, 11:51 AM
You can run NDI Monitor with a command line argument to load with a specified NDI source, so you can probably do this with a .bat file on startup. I forget the precise syntax, but it's probably in the docs.

kracklow
03-13-2017, 01:05 PM
You can run NDI Monitor with a command line argument to load with a specified NDI source, so you can probably do this with a .bat file on startup. I forget the precise syntax, but it's probably in the docs.

Yes found it in the Getting Started doc from the installation....

Hint: A computer can be set up as a dedicated NDI viewer through a command line. The following will launch the NDI Video Monitor, select MIX1 of the žnamed sourceÓ displaying it at full screen:

Application.Network.VideoMonitor.x64.exe žSOURCE NAME HERE (MIX1)Ó/full_screen

Quotes must be around the source name to accommodate for any spaces it may have. Double-clicking the window will back out of full screen mode.

Lee-AVP
03-16-2017, 02:54 PM
I can't find anything about command line arguments in the getting started document. I can start NDI Monitor and select the source with the syntax above, but I'm having no luck with the /full_screen switch. Maximizing the window still has title bar at the top which won't work for my project.

Help?

Okay, I found that line in the guide, but no luck on the fullscreen toggle. Anyone else?

SBowie
03-16-2017, 03:16 PM
I think you're right. It will not re-open either fullscreen or even maximized. I'll see what we can do about that for a future release.

kracklow
03-19-2017, 04:41 PM
I think you're right. It will not re-open either fullscreen or even maximized. I'll see what we can do about that for a future release.

I got this setup for this weekend and we are able to use it for a stage display to any available NDI output. I can confirm I was able to get the command line option for /fullscreen to work.

I have Windows 10 setup to auto login and starting NDI Monitor in full screen mode.

BUT my problem is, and I think it's a bug, if I try to select an NDI source from the command line, it does not show the selected NDI source on startup but stays stuck at the "CONNECTING..." screen until I actually re-select the NDI source in the GUI interface. This happens even though the NDI input shows checked when I bring up the list of NDI sources, this is preventing a hands free operation.