PDA

View Full Version : Weird Vertex behavior in Modeler?

Kid Mesh
03-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has ran into this issue and could tell me how to resolve it.

I'm running LW 2015.3 on a Windows 8 PC.

When I click on a vertex and just so slightly move it the vertex will continue to slide in that direction without me moving the mouse further.
In other instances the vertex will act as if it's affected by gravity and just keep falling. :confused:

For what it's worth. This only happens if I click and start dragging to the right, up, or down but not left.

What gives?

https://youtu.be/5tQOsIWgXXQ

Kid Mesh
03-08-2017, 03:53 AM
I get to work today still frustrated mentally about this drifting pixel situation. I'm supposed to be doing "other work" but this is just bothering me. I had a suspicion that it might be related to mouse sensitivity even though I adjusted the settings with no success. I also figured maybe...it's the mouse I'm using at home.

So I boot up LW to test with my current mouse at work and what do you know. Problem solved....or was it really?

After some more Googling I can across this thread: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?139713-Lightwave-11-6-Settings-Help

Looks like a few other members have dealt with this issue too. What appears to be the answer to my issue found in that thread is that it is more than likely related to high DPI scaling. At home I use a 44 inch Samsung 4K monitor.

I'll try the suggestions in that thread later this evening and report back. In the event someone else comes across this thread in the future with the same issue at least you won't think you're going crazy :D

Sensei
03-08-2017, 07:29 AM
Did you try cleaning up configs to see whether it helps?
Rename "C:\Users\[user name]\.NewTek\LightWave"
temporarily to something else, and restart Modeler..

If you open Display Options ('d' shortcut), in Interface tab, there is Input Device: Mouse, Tablet. Switch them to other, restart and check. Switch back, restart and check.

Kid Mesh
03-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Did you try cleaning up configs to see whether it helps?
Rename "C:\Users\[user name]\.NewTek\LightWave"
temporarily to something else, and restart Modeler..

If you open Display Options ('d' shortcut), in Interface tab, there is Input Device: Mouse, Tablet. Switch them to other, restart and check. Switch back, restart and check.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated :)

Actually, I resolved the issue by what was mentioned in the thread I linked above.

For both Modeler.exe and Layout.exe:

Right-Click>Properties>Tick the box "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"