PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about LW Color and file saving.

Stardust
03-05-2017, 07:45 AM
When rendering in LW 2015 in the window that comes up at the end of the rendering everything looks fine, however when I save everything looks way washed out!
Why? and how do I fix this?

Thank you!

prometheus
03-05-2017, 10:10 AM
When rendering in LW 2015 in the window that comes up at the end of the rendering everything looks fine, however when I save everything looks way washed out!
Why? and how do I fix this?

Thank you!

check your render settings, your save settings in the render window panel next to file etc, is probably set to srgb, and your display render setting is probably linear.
you got save, alpha and then current frame display setting wich isnīt really defined in naming as the others are. but if you want a match set save and that setting the same.
Same goes with vpr..it also has settings for this

The best approach to match is however to go to the edit/color space option in the left main menu, and to to cs tab and change quick presets, you can set it to srgb or disable it, that will make sure you render and previews match.

Srgb settings yields results that often looks washed out, though it brings forth areas that are darker, but you ultimately want to adjust gamma in post process or add a tone mapping.