03-03-2017, 03:14 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=6&t=1440036&page=1&pp=15

go autodesk! go!

shrox
03-03-2017, 05:28 PM
Well, chicken donuts on them.

wingzeta
03-03-2017, 06:34 PM
C4D, Houdini, and Modo will get a bump. Hopefully LW get the new version out soon, and follow up with procedural modeling tools and a modern particle system, not too long after;-) If LWnext is stable, and the render and geo capacity are really good, it might still grab a slice of the pie. 3D artists will be looking for options.

roboman
03-03-2017, 10:27 PM
The note I got about Delcam/artcam from Autodesk made it sound like there was no maintenance for those programs. Not a big deal, when they kill the product as a stand alone I'm not sure what good the 'maintenance' is. I've got the dongle, it will keep doing what it does as long as I have and intel cpu computer with a usb port

tischbein3
03-04-2017, 08:12 AM
can't say much about delcam, and how the tackle the transfer, but as for max / maya, the reduced price offer
includes complete transfer of your permament license to a subscription one.

This might be again attractive for bigger companies, but for small individuals, its wiser to quit maintenance
completly, save the money, and aquire a secondary ( temporary ) subscription if you really need a feature of the new version
The incentive to keep on maintenance running has definitve been lowered...

...and of course look for alternatives.

prometheus
03-04-2017, 12:30 PM
I sincerely hope the lightwave team never forces a subscriptions in the same manner, meaning that they could offer a subsription type for those wanting that, but never force it on those who wants to work with the software as long as they want...with that version they buy in to, and not getting their software hold as hostage.

So now the lightwave team an excellent position to provide something that Autodesk donīt, both subscription or a perpetual license.

Sensei
03-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Everybody would like to have steady flow of money, year by year. Especially without having to work, and doing serious changes (costing money for developers)..

the reduced price offer includes complete transfer of your permament license to a subscription one.

That's one of the silliest thing I ever heard about...

They should try proposing their stock market investors to get stocks without ability to make vote on meeting of shareholders for exchange of regular stocks... and see what happens..
They deserve to collapse..